Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
59 Posts
I second the notion of getting an opinion from a good indy transmission shop as well for a rebuild on the existing unit.

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
59 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well guys, if you read some of my previous post about the judder and the hard 1-2 shift and hard 6 gear shift you would know over the recent months ive had hard time with my mdx. Now I did buy a higher mileage MDX with 142,000 on it mostly highway miles and a good service history of trans changes and software updates. Well today I pulled out to pass on a highway and she accelerated and then all of a sudden a roar and a bang and then RPM flutter, it couldn't find the gear. Current mileage is at 157k, where the previous owner had take it in for TSB's regarding the trans with trans fluid and software updates. Is Acura standing behind or offering any extended warrenty on the transmissions or am I just SOL? Acura dealer is a good ways from me so I had the car towed to Honda dealer and their looking to charge me $1,800 for labor yikes! Said she would get prices on new and used transmissions monday, im scared to hear that price also! Needless to say the judder and hard shifts might mean something a little more serious once you get up there in miles, just figured id share my experience as I haven't seen any actually blow one.
Hey, OP, is there any update on the repair?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey, OP, is there any update on the repair?
Ended up having our local Honda dealer install another trans. $4,900 later, and it ended up needing a half shaft as that got stuck as well. I believe that was the part they mentioned. Needless to say it was a pricey experience and had to go back twice since for leaking fluid, said a hose came loose. Praying it’s not just as bad as the original, I did go used trans with 69k new trans was quoted at $7,500

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ended up having our local Honda dealer install another trans. $4,900 later, and it ended up needing a half shaft as that got stuck as well. I believe that was the part they mentioned. Needless to say it was a pricey experience and had to go back twice since for leaking fluid, said a hose came loose. Praying it’s not just as bad as the original, I did go used trans with 69k new trans was quoted at $7,500
Wow, that's expensive. Glad that fix it, do you experience any difference after replacing the trans?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts