Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! The AC on the drivers side of my 2008 Acura MDX has been out since last August. At the time, we were living in Germany so it didn't matter since it's always cold there haha. Well now we've been stationed in Arizona and its H O T. I need to get this replaced ASAP! I have found both parts on carparts.com, but how do I know which one it is?

There is cold air on the passenger side and in the 2nd row, but the driver side blows hot/outside air.
I would rather not have to buy both, but I always could and then return the part that isn't needed.

I have read all over this forum for the last few weeks preparing to replace this part. I thought I could last a few weeks without AC on my side, but at 113* yesterday afternoon that was about my max haha! I have all the PDFs of how to take the center console off to get to the part as well.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
416 Posts
If it is the drivers side that isn't working properly then the temperature control motor on the drivers side under the dash is the likely culprit. Some here have reported being able to disassemble, clean, and lube the inside components, but I have opted to just replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts