Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Acura MDX Technology Package
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mainly wanted to showcase my attempt at making a “blacked-out” look on my 2010 MDX. So far I’ve plasti-dipped all chrome on the front grill/bumper/wheels, and I have smoked the headlights with a vinyl tint.

The fog lights have a yellow tint from before I added plasti-dip, but I can’t tell if I should tint them black as well.

I am tinting the windows next as well, which should finish the look.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I like the blacked out look. I ended up going with a silver 11 MDX because it hid the chrome accents and large beak a little better than the other colors. I ended up blacking out my blue 19 MDX and red 18 RLX.

Reactions: Domo209

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish they sold a blacked out MDX back in the day, I feel they would have sold like Hot cakes. But I gotta say it looks really good
You’re so right. If they sold them already blacked out it would have been a very nice trim level.
And thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you're going to for the blacked out look, i'd ditch the yellow fog. I'd also get matching smoked emblems. If that's a "5.0" emblem?
Thanks for the input re: the fog lights. I guess if those get smoked then the entire front end would be all black - pretty nice.
Also, haha yes that is a 5.0 emblem. I gave my buddy a hellcat emblem as a joke for his 2008 Ford Focus (he likes the hellcats). Later he ended up giving me 5.0 emblem for my car since I’m fond of the coyotes.
Speaking of the emblems, I think it might be a nice idea to see if there’s a good “3.7” emblem that fits, since that would actually be accurate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smart choice on the color with relation with the chrome trim. Also I really like the new blue color on Acuras. I can’t imagine how it looks blacked out as well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mainly wanted to showcase my attempt at making a “blacked-out” look on my 2010 MDX. So far I’ve plasti-dipped all chrome on the front grill/bumper/wheels, and I have smoked the headlights with a vinyl tint.

The fog lights have a yellow tint from before I added plasti-dip, but I can’t tell if I should tint them black as well.

I am tinting the windows next as well, which should finish the look. View attachment 120779
Love, love, love this look. Wow. What a game changer for this generation of MDX! The fogs are a matter of personal choice. Personally I think the yellow gives it an authentic look because yellow is the color of true fog lights. Also I like the touch of shiny on the front badge as it balances the chrome door pulls. Nice work. Really nice work.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If this becomes popular with my Gen 2, might be time to sell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts