Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, got a black screen of the infotainment system in my mdx 22 A-Spec. Backup camera can kick in to display image, just the infotainment system does not work, and black screen.
after driving to mall to do the shopping, I started the vehicle again, and the issue goes away.
Anyone experienced the same issue, not sure whether I should bring it to the dealer as it is not reliably reproducible..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yup....there are a couple of us that have experienced the same thing. Happened to me once about a month ago, and not again since. My dealer said it was more than likely a software issue and just needed to reboot. I will ask them to check for any error codes when I go in for first service in a couple of months.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Add me to the list of who has seen this. All I had to do is shut down and restart the vehicle and all was well again.

Not worried as it has only happened once.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Not worried as it has only happened once.
With software if it happened once it'll most likely happen again.

My 3rd gen (early 2014) infotainment (completely different than the 4th gen one) lost its marbles a few times. In that case it was white stars on a black screen, the equivalent of a blue screen of death. As Acura came out with a couple of new software updates I applied them and it cured the issue. Before curing it finally though, the failure was very infrequent, I could drive coast to coast and back and it might happen once. It wasn't the end of the world so like you, I wasn't that worried about it, but it was nevertheless annoying.

Hopefully, and most likely, this issue will be resolved via software updates.

·
Registered
635 Posts
With software if it happened once it'll most likely happen again.

My 3rd gen (early 2014) infotainment (completely different than the 4th gen one) lost its marbles a few times. In that case it was white stars on a black screen, the equivalent of a blue screen of death. As Acura came out with a couple of new software updates I applied them and it cured the issue. Before curing it finally though, the failure was very infrequent, I could drive coast to coast and back and it might happen once. It wasn't the end of the world so like you, I wasn't that worried about it, but it was nevertheless annoying.

Hopefully, and most likely, this issue will be resolved via software updates.
At this point, no one knows if it was software or hardware.

Not losing any sleep over it as it has not happened again and my 2022 Advanced has performed beyond my expectations.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Adv
45 Posts
I can certainly understand the frustration for those folks experiencing infotainment issues.

My wife's 2018 Honda CR-V's has known issues (brightness variations & black screen) depending on temperature (high) and long drives with direct sunlight affecting the windshield sensors. Even with a software update (at the Honda dealership), the problem persists once or twice a year. I could push for a head unit replacement, but I have read that its usually a miss more than a hit. Honda's stance seems to be that it's not a warranty or safety issue even though we use it for navigation with Android Auto.

On the other hand, my 2022 MDX Advance is not exhibiting any glitches (so far). Keeping my fingers crossed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts