Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fender flares painted?????

MDXNH said:
Have the flares painted the same color as the truck. I'm going to do it to mine when I get for sure. I think the grey makes them stick out too much.
How do you get the fender flares painted? Will the dealer do it or do you have to take it to the body shop? Any ideas on a range of cost? I have to pick mine up this weekend, black on black, touring navi, fender flares, lower trim etc. After seeing the pictures, I want to have mine painted black....but info please.
Thanks!

DBastian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Fender Flares painted???

I'm still investigating...however, I will probably get it done by a body shop...one of those "friend of a friend" type deals.

I'm guessing between 250-300 for the job..

I will forward details as I begin the process.

Good Luck!

George

·
Registered
76 Posts
I already spoke with some about having them painted and was told it would be about $75.00 to have it done. I wouldn't have the dealership paint them , I bet they would charge 3 times as much if not more.

·
Registered
161 Posts
MDXNH said:
I already spoke with some about having them painted and was told it would be about $75.00 to have it done. I wouldn't have the dealership paint them , I bet they would charge 3 times as much if not more.
I just spoke to Tim and HondAcuraworld and he said that the ones he just had done cost about 500 bucks because there are 11 pieces that need to be painted, and they got to sand them all down and stuff. I don't want it to be done if it's going to be real brittle and fall off with the slightest scratch. Oh well, maybe I'll wait till I get a bonus or something.

DBastian

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm in too !

Sweet pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woh...I'm on this band wagon too ma' friends!
I have a Starlight Silver Metallic MDX and I definitely want to get the flares painted in silver.

Keep me informed as well.

Do you think it is easier to order them from Tim and then have a body shop paint them and install or just have Tim do all the work. I guess someone would have to install them after right? Maybe the installation of the flares is easy?

Everyone's thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Forget to mention but my body shop guy is a really good friend of mine. So I guess hes giving me a break. After reading that there were 11 peices. I call him and asked he said 75.00 so who am I to argue.

I also asked about them chipping and he said they might depending on the type of driving you. But I think I'll risk it the grey they come injust doesent do it for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Fender Flares painting process

Thanks for the info...$75? --- wow, if this guy is by any means reputable, I would say go for it.

As for my driving characteristics, I can safely say my MDX will probably not see more than a few lakeside dirt roads/hills. Chipping shouldn't be a big issue for me.

Should have a quote in the next few days..will forward.

Happy MDXing!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Fender Flares painting process

Would it be a problem for them to get the flares off the MDX, paint it, then put them back on? Or would they just paint them with them on? Does anyone know about the lower trim? Has anyone had that painted yet? Or does it look ok in the grey color?
I ordered both of these, but I may tell the dealer to hold off putting them on for now till I find out more about the painting and stuff. Does anyone have any pictures of the dark colored MDX's with the grey lower trim?

DBastian

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet ride! Have my silver MDX tour/Nav. arriving in about a week, can't wait. getting the fender flares too, and going to have them painted silver. but wow, black really looks sharp. good luck with it.

~B

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: Re: Fender Flares painting process

I just spoke to my dealer and they checked with their body shop people and they said 150 for the fender flares and 75 bucks for the lower trim, Shermin Williams paint, the same kind that they use on the bumpers etc. I can't wait, I'm having them both painted. I wonder what would look better now, side rails or the running boards, I have some small kids in my family, and I heard someone said that the side bars aren't really good for getting in and out?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
running boards

i'd go with the running boards, the side steps don't go flush against the car, and i think your kids can slip into one of the gaps if you had the side steps. i'm going with the running boards myself, and plan to paint them as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great Pics!

I've only seen one Black MDX on the road (the ONLY MDX I've seen), other colors at the dealerships, your pics helped convince me to order a Black/Ebony Touring... 3 weeks for delivery.

Thanks for the great pics!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Black MDX

Thanks! Glad the pics were helpful...

Believe it or not, I have yet to see one on the road in Dallas..

My colleagues were extremely impressed with the vehicle and a few have already gone to the dealership.

Good luck with yours.

Happy MDXing!

-george

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interior

Acura calls the gray/black interior ebony ... it's not too dark so that it looks black, but it's a dark gray.

I opted for the saddle myself, but both are good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interior

Acura calls the gray/black interior ebony ... it's not too dark so that it looks black, but it's a dark gray.

I opted for the saddle myself, but both are good.

·
Registered
580 Posts
LOOKS LIKE MINE

HEY LOOKS LIKE MINE EXCEPT I DIDN'T GET THE FENDER FLARES. I THINK THE FLARES WOULD LOOK BETTER BLACK TOO. THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T GET THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE GREY.
NEXT WEEK MINE SHOULD BE IN. 2 1/2 MONTHS IS A LOOOOONG TIME TO WAIT. I SURE HOPE IT'S WORTH THE WAIT. IT SEEMS ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK SO.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: Black MDX

Have you found the front air deflector to be securely installed? Does it make noise at high speeds? I am debating to get or not. I think it looks sharp. It is hard to tell from your pics if it is black enough.

Please give some feedback, since you have had it on for a while now. Mine is due in the last week of March. It has been a long wait, but the black is the best color I have seen. My opinion of course.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.