Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my black base MDX and put 20" wheels on. Wheels are 20x8.5 Voxx with 35 mm offset, tires 295/40-20 Dunlop SP Sport 9000. Thanks to DubbedSSmdx for posting correct wheel sizes and offset! The car handles great!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
how does the ride compare to factory

I give you props on the new dubbs!

When you say the ride is great, I figure the stability, handling and cornering was what you were talking about. How does the comfort level feel? Just wondering if there is a significant difference in comfort? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
comfort level

The 20 inch wheels clearly give a firmer ride. Even small bumps in the road (i.e. lane markers) are noticeable. Tire noise is also somewhat elevated. However, I would still call the ride comfortable, very similar to a BMW X5 with the sport suspension option. Also, the steering is much more direct than with the stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
173 Posts
re: SP9000

hey i love the the dubs; welcome to the club! ...BTW i LOVE those tires! those are the tires that i want to get... tire rack had an awesome sale on those that i passed up; big time regrets! ...enjoy!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Very nice! Probably one of the nicer wheels I've seen! Have you considered getting the rear deflector. Would go really well with what you already have...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice

I like the way it looks with those wheels...I also agree with Dubbed on the tires they look good....perhaps once I wear down my current tires I will jump on the dunlops....as you add accessories you will see the X come more and more to life....and notice how much more the dubs add to the all around look of your X. Good luck and continue to ride playa!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your dubs look great. They give the X a sporty edge! I agree with MDXtrous that you should consider the rear deflector. It would give it a nice touch.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Outstanding!

Great look. I vote against the rear deflector. Keep it clean. It looks mean just as it is.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
blackonblackmdx said:
Just got my black base MDX and put 20" wheels on. Wheels are 20x8.5 Voxx with 35 mm offset, tires 295/40-20 Dunlop SP Sport 9000. Thanks to DubbedSSmdx for posting correct wheel sizes and offset! The car handles great!
Do they rub against the well when you make a sharp right or left hand turns. You know if you crank the wheel all the way to the left or right do you hear rubbing on well or front end. This is a common problem sometimes when you go with oversized wheels. Then I know you have to start lifting the suspension. Also do you know how much the speedometer is off by increasing the tire size. I know you usually have to change the gear in the transmission that is linked to the speedometer to correct the speed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Weight???

To those who replaced their OEM wheels to larger ones (19 or larger), what is the weight of the wheel alone? The larger wheel has got to be at least 10 lbs more than stock ones. Plus, the larger tires. I'm concerned about the added weight during rebound. Looking into getting a 19x8 wheel with 255/50/19 tire. Also, what is 'Xs offset? What range offset should I consider?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts