Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the brand or manufacturer of the pen refill for the black Acura pen that came with the MDX? My ink has run out and I CANNOT find the correct replacement. My life will not go on without beng able to use this pen. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rjmoose

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you find out, let me know. I'd like a blue refill.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pen? Pen!? There should have been a pen? We received no pen. In our '99 TL, we received a pen and Acura logo'd flashlight. I thought they had just cut back on the amenities for 2002. We did receive a key ring (silver looking) with the roadside assistance phone number on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should have received a black pen. They ripped you off!!!! LOL

$40,000 and they can't even give you a $10 pen.

·
Registered
124 Posts
rjmoose

I doubt seriously that the pen they gave me cost $10. More like $2, but they would charge $10 for the refills if they had'um. Maybe Tim knows where to get them.

Hard to believe anyone could get so attached to that pen.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey, it gets lonely here in South Florida - I need to be attached to something, might as well be a pen!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fvince:

"Hard to believe anyone could get so attached to that pen."

Come on Fvince, it does say ACURA on it. LOL

rjmoose

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
rjmoose, I have a pen that's never been used! I sell it for $100.00 :D (j/k) I'll have to look & see what brand it is. It's got
to be a standard brand. Acura isn't going to spend a fortune on
a pen they give away, are they!

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you take the pen out of the zippered manual case, put it in the center console, you'll always have one when you need it. I'm always needing a pen when I'm driving -- at the bank drive-thru, when taking down phone numbers or addresses (of course, I always pull over and stop during this activity!), and when leaving notes for other people (like, "Hey, A%%hole, you park like S***!"). What pen is more appropriate than the Acura pen for these activities?

I have five of these pens, some of which are running or have run out of ink. I'd like to get them refilled in various colors (red, black, blue) so I can write multi-colored notes!

I'm going to take mine to an office supply store today to see if they can match the refill. I have nothing but time on my hands.

:cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found the Pen refill: (Now I can sleep)

Diplomat

Ball Point refill

D10220

SKU# 452268 from Staples

Wow, what a relief, LOL.

rjmoose

P.S. Available in black AND blue. Whoo!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I found the refills at Office Depot - Eversharp ("Fits Parker") Ballpoint Pen Refill # SKR1/2. It's a two-pack of blue refills. Now I have a BLUE ACURA PEN! As it turns out, the Pen in my '02 TL-S came with a blue cartridge. Now I have enough to get me through the summer, fall, and well into the winter! Boy, do I feel better!

·
Registered
351 Posts
rjmoose said:
Found the Pen refill: (Now I can sleep)

Diplomat

Ball Point refill

D10220

SKU# 452268 from Staples

Wow, what a relief, LOL.

rjmoose

P.S. Available in black AND blue. Whoo!!!
Now the trick is actually seeing if Staples has them in stock. Seriously, that store truly sucks! Nine times out of 10, whatever I need is out of stock. And don't let it be on sale....it's definitely not in the store. Then they're so quick to tell you they can order it from their warehouse, drag you to a computer, then say "Nope, can't order it either"..... UGGGGHHHHH!!!

Okay, enough venting....by the way, no pen for me either :(

·
Registered
351 Posts
DaleB said:
Staples is notorious for having short stock, try office depot is you have them.
Yeah, every Staples I go to is like that. What kind of a business model is that? Unfortunately, I live in a small town and it's Staples or nothing. I wish i could call Office Depot or Office Max and let them know if they opened a store here people would flock to it like flies to...well you know.

:D :2:

·
Registered
671 Posts
If I didn't get a pen, I'd be back in the Acura dealership in a second! I've got three for sure, and maybe four or five.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Imagine my horror....

I brought a refill to work for my daughter who had an Acura pen with her the other day and it quit writing --- Oh My God! She threw it away! Yes, dumped it in the trash, disposed of it, canned the sucka', got rid of it! I was horrified!:eek: Turns out it was an old one from a 1999 Integra that we no longer have, and she had the pen in her purse for the last three years -- at least she got some good use out of it. I put the refill in another 1999 Pen (from the CL) and told her to never, never, never throw an Acura pen in the trash!

I'm still recovering from this one....I need a life!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Is this the pen that everyone is talking about? This is the one I received at the time of my purchase. I would guess that it has a wholesale value of say....seventy five cents!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
LOL - I can't believe this thread is still running. But I also wanted to chime in with my "yea, Staples sucks!" comment.

Every single time, they've NEVER had what I wanted in stock -- even the most basic "you should never be out" items like white laserprinter paper. Office Depot is an extra 15 mins for me, but @ least they've got the inventory.

I *did* get a good deal from Staples.com on a home safe I bought. $129 safe (I think), I had a $25 off coupon, and they shipped it free next-day UPS. Yea, I'm sure there was a lotta margin on that sale -- shipping a 75lb safe for free :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts