Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gotten below freezing here (frost on the MDX) for most nights during the past week. Now, the clear-coat material on top of the rear bumper, surrounding the step tread, is flaking!

·
Registered
608 Posts
soesed said:
It's gotten below freezing here (frost on the MDX) for most nights during the past week. Now, the clear-coat material on top of the rear bumper, surrounding the step tread, is flaking!
That IS strange. We get some pretty extreme temps here (-40 to +90), and I've had the Zoomer for 9 months now. No issue with clear coat or anything else flaking. Take lmeans' advice: sounds like dealer time!

·
Registered
8 Posts
bizarre occurance

One thing I am interested in is your model/color?

Also, if this were a factory problem, it may be interesting to know what your production date was (based on what I have read in some other forums, you could determine from your VIN) - perhaps there are other individuals who had their's built around the same time that should be on the lookout.

Good luck - and I hope your dealer is one of the good ones we hear about

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vehicle Details

Base Mesa Beige Metallic manufactured in June 2001.

I certainly intend to have the issue addressed. Perhaps the cold weather is just a coincidence.

It appears as though the rubber/vinyl painted bumpers have a clear plastic-like sheeting applied as a paint protector vs. a clear-coat spray. You can notice where the sheeting ends at the wheel wells on either side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts