Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions for bike racks for my new 2019 I was given a really good trunk rack but the clips v appear to fit into the space above the rear gateAm I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use an aluminum 3 bike Yakima hitch mount. You will need a hitch. Much lighter, takes about three minutes to put it on. Blocks your camera slightly, and it does add a foot of metal hanging off your rear, but after five years, I’m used to it. Haven’t hit anything backing up, watch your garage clearance, it clears my door by an inch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, they straps should be pulling from the top of the gate, 2 from the side, and 2 from the bottom.I had a trunk rack on my old car, to be honest, I don't like it at all, they use strap and those clip, yes, they did the job, but when putting on or taking off, It's a mess, and can easily scratch the truck gate, if you use it a lot, I will suggest you like the previous commend, get a hitch bike rack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use an aluminum 3 bike Yakima hitch mount. You will need a hitch. Much lighter, takes about three minutes to put it on. Blocks your camera slightly, and it does add a foot of metal hanging off your rear, but after five years, I’m used to it. Haven’t hit anything backing up, watch your garage clearance, it clears my door by an inch!

IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts