Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks to all the intel here as I never knew the tire ins and outs, after just getting stock RDX 18s for my 02MDX, i'm trading up next tire upgrade to another size bigger. 02 MDXs 235-65-17/to/235-55-18 ALL OEM for the yrs , but I'm sure new tires -> 245-45-18s will fit as well. Who really turns the front wheels 100% RIGHT, or LEFT, should they rub slightly :headshake anyways? :rolleyes: I'm not doing donuts anymore anyways! :headshake

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Wow, that post is really hard to understand. But on a 2002 MDX, 235/55-18 and 245/45-18 are both too small in outer diameter; they're 3 percent and 8 percent smaller than stock. If you go with 18" wheels, the tire size that matches best is 255/55-18.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So does anyone have the correct answer? I have a 04 X and want to put a larger size tire on as well, but id really like to have feedback on the largest tire you can fit on a stock X

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed winter tires and upsized diameter by 5.1% - 265/60/R18 = I could not get anyone to tell me I could or could not do this so I took a stab in the dark - they look great and no issue of rubbing, even at extreme turning angle - check out the uploaded photos after and before
I need new tires soon and was thinking of installing 26/60/18 as well, how have your tires been since you had them install, I'mactually going all seasonal tires. Let me know since I'm planning on buying within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
There are problems in using oversized tires (with a diameter larger than stock), including the fact that you will be throwing off the accuracy of your speedometer and making your car's acceleration worse (it's like putting taller gears on the car). Stick with tires that have the same outer diameter as stock.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just installed winter tires and upsized diameter by 5.1% - 265/60/R18 = I could not get anyone to tell me I could or could not do this so I took a stab in the dark - they look great and no issue of rubbing, even at extreme turning angle - check out the uploaded photos after and before
I have to say, these 265/60r18 really fill up the wheel wells nicely... I would have never thought to change the size on a MDX, but hmmmm....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any issues on those tires rubbing with dips, speed bumbs, rocks anything?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts