Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their tire size? I want to put some all terrain tires on my 2010 MDX Advance but they don’t exist in the factory size. I want to go to a 255/55/19 which is 1” taller than the factory 255/50/19. Will these rub? If they fit does anyone have any knowledge about having the speedo recalibrated to the different tire size?

·
Registered
785 Posts
There really isn't a way to adjust the speedo/odometer. As a general rule going "up" or "down" one dimension is normally not an issue with regard to clearance. There are other posts here where owners have gone bigger. That said, you are looking at a 3.5% difference in overall diameter. That will result in the speedo reading 70 MPH when you are actually going 72.45 MPH and that's not that bad. Have you checked the accuracy of your speedo now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There really isn't a way to adjust the speedo/odometer. As a general rule going "up" or "down" one dimension is normally not an issue with regard to clearance. There are other posts here where owners have gone bigger. That said, you are looking at a 3.5% difference in overall diameter. That will result in the speedo reading 70 MPH when you are actually going 72.45 MPH and that's not that bad. Have you checked the accuracy of your speedo now?
I never drive the speed limit anyway! I was more worried about clearance. They are the same width just 1” taller. So if I’m not mistaken it will record less miles on the odometer with the taller tires but show a slower speed.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Correct. Doing a +1 size shouldn't be any problem. It's beyond that you need to investigate closely or if you are doing a +1 on more than one aspect (both the width and the height are called aspect ratios because they are a percentage of the diameter).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts