Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks a lot, American Honda, for making me look like an arse. But, good things are coming of it anyways.

I just received word that the stainless side steps WILL be available in mid-December from American Honda, contrary to what they told me last week. I'll have pricing later today hopefully.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Sounds GOOD.

This give 'Xers have more choices.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
SON OF A...........................................................:confused:

Hmmm I think there might be somethingk wrong with my sidesteps. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the official communique:

The 2003 MDX Chrome-Finished Side Steps are scheduled to be available in mid-December 2002. The new Side Steps share the same design as the Black Side Steps (P/N 08L33-S3V-200F) and are plated in a lustrous, bright chrome finish.

Apparently these steps will have a retail price of $625.00. My price on them once they become available is 487.50, shipping included of course :) . They have a scheduled availability date of 12/5.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Yes yes I just checked something definantly wrong with my sidesteps.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Tim:

___Thanks for the update … The only problem is that I am almost ready for all the stuff to be shipped and I have to keep changing my mind :) Ok, Manik’s. Nahh, that isn’t the ticket. Ok Acura and Powder coat. That’s it, WooHoo! Ok Acura Chrome is now finally available … I think I will go with? I don’t know what I will go with :confused:

___Thanks for the update.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
There's something wrong with mine too

Oh, man! I just put the Manik on last night. For $100 more I definitely go for Acura's one. Give me some stories to return the Manik. It looks good anyway. The new ones come with the plastic steps intalled so I don't see the problem with missed alignment and cracked.

·
Registered
131 Posts
???

Are the MDX and Pilot side steps the same.
Seems the wheelbase is, and the mounting points should be?

So, are these chrome over aluminum?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: There's something wrong with mine too

purdue1 said:
Oh, man! I just put the Manik on last night. For $100 more I definitely go for Acura's one. Give me some stories to return the Manik. It looks good anyway. The new ones come with the plastic steps intalled so I don't see the problem with missed alignment and cracked.
They should have fixed that problem by now. Check closely and see if the steps are screwed all the way down. But don't over torque them, they will crack!
If they wont go all way down without catching the edge of the mounting hole, you can remove them and elongate the pad hole with a drill.
Right now you probably feel like saying, oh well, they are not cracked I don't want to bother.
But once they start getting some use they will crack if they are not totally flush against the SS bar.
If you do remove any, there is a spring clip around a post in the center. You just have to wiggle the step off, don't lose the spring retainer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hate to sound like I don't know who, but why do you guys need sidesteps? I'm 5'7" and I don't have no problem at all getting in and out of X. Is it just for the look? Or maybe I feel spoiled after selling my Trooper (MDX is definitely lower). In either case the CHOICE IS GOOD, so please don't blame me for my thoughts. Thanks Tim for keeping us all happy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Miro,
Sidesteps are mainly for kids, elderly and LOOK. My 2 years old son always want to climb up to his car seat by himself and he'll cry if we help him. He's been doing OK with the Camry but I don't think he can do it for the MDX plus my wife doesn't want his coat get dirty rubbing agaisnt the MDX during winter time. BTW, the Manik's steps guard perfectly against the Camry front door.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have to agree with Purdue1.

My 2 year old son (soon to be 2) also refuses to be carried into the truck. He has to climb in. Same with my 3 year old daughter.

My parents also use it a lot. Plus, I think it adds great looks to the side profile of the X.

One funny thing. I never realized how much I use it as well. I am 6 feet tall and really don't need it.

I was in my cousin's MDX last week and he does NOT have the side bars. When I came out of the truck, I just assumed I was getting out of mine and almost fell to the floor. I think, unknowingly, I was looking for the steps. Would have been funny but thank god nobody saw me. I would have never heard the end of it.

Of course, the decision is yours, but great for kids and elderly. Also, helped me a lot over the past year and a half with a back injury I had.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
No big deal, just a personal choice!

My thoughts, if you need them for assisting others to get in, they are there.
I would not have bought them if I did not think it would customize the looks some. I like the look, besides having a function.
Handy for checking out grid-locked traffic situations, or if you parked too far from the curb and/or want to avoid stepping in a puddle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I guess you have a point when you talk about kids trying to climb in. I guess my 3.5 years daughter doesn't have any problem because she had a training with the Trooper which I replaced with MDX.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
WTF!

God Damnit!!! Great just great...Thanks Honda for your hush hush attitude...It is this that purchasing your product is such a G DAMN CHOICE! Geezus!!! Ease up on your stealthy attitude...its a vehicle not a G DAMN Government arsenal!!

Well looks like I have to swap out my Maniks.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I just got my '03 MDX Touring yesterday.

I hope for a group buy on the '03 Touring wheel. :2:

Not sure to get side steps or running boards.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Doh!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts