Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I have wrote to Acura Honda Custom Relation/Complain

My 2011 MDX Tech has drained its battery a week ago at 39,000 miles. I could not find the so called Radio card so I called the dealer from whom I bough from - AppleWay Acura of Spokane (1800-382-2238, 170 miles away.)
Well, to sing the whole story, I first spoke to lady named Kelly. Kelly told me the radio card is the size of a credit card in Acura package... I couldn't find it so I called again, this time talked to salesman Nathan, to whom I explained that I could not find the Radio card, and asked how I can get the radio code. So Nathan took my number and a few minutes, at 1721 hrs (PST) Monday Oct12 2015 AppleWay Acura sale manager called me and asked me What he can do to help. I said again, exactly what I said to Nathan. The manager told me: "You need to bring it into service sir."
This this standard sale procedure or is it just simply a bull**** ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
If all you need is your radio code, simply look at your service receipts. For any service where they may have disconnected the battery, your Radio and GPS codes will be printed for the tech to use when completing service.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Sounds like everyone knew there was an issue to be handled, but nobody knew what it was due to lack of communication.

Hold the #1 and #6 preset buttons down while turning the radio on. This will give the serial number of the unit. Call your service department with that serial number and they'll give you the access code.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear ItsMyMDX and HondaAcuraPlanet,
Being that easy to get the code, which can also be obtained by :logging on Radio-navicode.acura.com, open the fuse box next to the battery... that I later learn how.... and the sale manager want me to bring in the car
Shouldn't he be more informed than us, as an Acura person, or why isn't he aware that, as Acura owners we are not that dumb to these type of communication ?
Will see what the headquarter respond....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts