Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best stuff to use to maximize the life of the leather seats and to get back that new car leather smell?

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
I've used Zaino's leather cleaner and conditioner and have been quite pleased.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've used Mothers Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, and have always been pleased with the results.

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,Husky all weather floor mats

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Not that I know of :2: I'm just glad I registered first!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm just glad I found out about this forum. :2:

2003 SS MDX - cdn model - res,back up sensor,Husky all weather floor mats

·
Registered
206 Posts
Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bottom line is to at least use something twice a year. I use Zymol, but Mother's is also good, Griot's Garage also.

The important thing is not to treat the leather with conditioner until you clean it first. Cleaning is the real ***** with leather, but if you do it before the situation gets out of hand, it goes easier.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Best Stuff for Leather

If you want the Creme de la Creme for your Leather..
USE Mink Oil...Extremely expensive...yet guarantee to prolong the life of your leather FOREVER!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have also used Zaino leather cleaner conditioner with great results. The best part of their product is it smells like leather.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ifeldman said:
I have also used Zaino leather cleaner conditioner with great results. The best part of their product is it smells like leather.
So true ifeldman, only I'm typing about my Zymol,
Check this out. I picked up a friend, she brought her dog along and I could not put the dog in the rear so we put her in the middle seats. My friend had just washed the dog with this horrible tea tree based shampoo. It was not supposed to smell bad but it did. The dog was still wet from the shampoo and my friend assured me that once it dries the smells goes away. The best way I can describe this smell is (forgive me those of you who get offended) New York City Subway IRT #2 bum. I tried everything I could to get the smell out and nothing worked. I was living the Sienfeld episode where he could not get rid of the body odor. I too seriously considered selling the car. Although it was not time, I used my Zymol Leather cleaner and leather conditioner and finally the smell was gone. It smelled like leather again, looked beautiful (as always) and this is why I love the stuff. After reading how Zaino smells like leather I'm going to check it out. Hey ifeldman how long does the Zaino smell last?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
buhmabee said:

So true ifeldman, only I'm typing about my Zymol,
Check this out. I picked up a friend, she brought her dog along and I could not put the dog in the rear so we put her in the middle seats. My friend had just washed the dog with this horrible tea tree based shampoo. It was not supposed to smell bad but it did. The dog was still wet from the shampoo and my friend assured me that once it dries the smells goes away. The best way I can describe this smell is (forgive me those of you who get offended) New York City Subway IRT #2 bum. I tried everything I could to get the smell out and nothing worked. I was living the Sienfeld episode where he could not get rid of the body odor. I too seriously considered selling the car. Although it was not time, I used my Zymol Leather cleaner and leather conditioner and finally the smell was gone. It smelled like leather again, looked beautiful (as always) and this is why I love the stuff. After reading how Zaino smells like leather I'm going to check it out. Hey ifeldman how long does the Zaino smell last?
Remind me never take a dog into my car. . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts