Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like some ideas from the group - from time to time I need a good resource for a question.
Right now I'm trying to find instructions on how to remove the mirror glass on the side-view mirrors (no response on the forum)
I've seen some people use Just Ask. Are they a good option for a one-off question?

What about a complete set?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'd like some ideas from the group - from time to time I need a good resource for a question.
Right now I'm trying to find instructions on how to remove the mirror glass on the side-view mirrors (no response on the forum)
I've seen some people use Just Ask. Are they a good option for a one-off question?

What about a complete set?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

i just checked...i only have a components doc for the mirror. i dont have the page for the actual removal.

you can get what you need by subscribing to Honda's service site https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp like i did at one point in time to get all the manuals that i would need (at least i thought i did) down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
if i am not mistaken. the way to remove that house in post #3 is from inside the car.

right at the corner of the door facing forward, there's a plastic panel that pops off to expose the screws holding the side mirror to the door. once those screws are off, the side mirror can be disconnected from the wire harness.

Edit: in post #3, look at the 1st page and step 3. notice in the illustration the cover labeled 'A'; there are screws available to allow you to remove the side mirror from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info on the Honda Manual site. It's probably worth the $10 to make sure I don't do anything stupid.

(Not that I've done that before)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Honda Manual site. It's probably worth the $10 to make sure I don't do anything stupid.

(Not that I've done that before)
you cant go wrong with that site.

just dedicate a day and download as much manuals as you can. that way youll always have something to reference when you need it. it's also a good way to familiarize yourself with the car you own.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
From looking at the 2016 Pilot manuals (I haven't had a chance to look through Manera's collection of MDX docs yet), their mirror pops off by sticking a screw driver in from the corner and just kind of prying it off. See attached. I'm not 100% certain we're the same way, but it could very well be.

Like so on a prior gen:

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
I removed my mirror glass, on the drivers side.

When you slide the screw driver along the back of the glass mirror, keep the tip of the tool against the glass, as much as you can.
Otherwise, the tool will miss its target and hit the plastic mechanical piece, which allows you to remotely adjust the mirror's direction.

Another way to describe the correct target:
On the back of the mirror glass there is a circular piece of hard plastic 1/8th" thick.
That piece snaps into another piece of hard plastic, which is permanently attached to the adjusting/positioning gears/mechanisms.
These two plastic pieces meet, at a distance of 1/8" off of the back of the mirror glass..

If you have you tool in the correct spot, only a very slight amount of twisting pressure is needed.
If your tool is 1/4" off of the glass you will have to really try to break it loose, but it will break.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts