Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Best So Cal Acura Dealer???

14K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  rflagg 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

To all of those who have done business with dealers in Southern California, which ones are the best and the worst? And which ones were the most negotiable?

Thanks a lot- John

#3 ·
Can't beat the Ball Acura deal, but I bought mine with Cerritos Acura. No Complains. Also dealt with Acura 101, Acura of Pasadena and Gold Coast Acura. All of them seemed pretty nice and eager to work with a person not from their local area.

#4 ·
SoCal Acura Dealers

I visited both Keyes Acura and Acura of Valencia. Neither dealer was marking-up MDXs or taking deposits. I told them what I wanted and Keyes came through with a Black/black/Touring/Nav in 10 days. Valencia called with a car about 4 days after I'd taken delivery from Keyes. Both dealers were very nice...no nonsense. Living in Los Angeles has definite benefits...sometimes. ;)

#5 ·
I had deposits at Torrance, Cerritos, and Pasadena. All dealers wanted MSRP.

All of the sales people were nice. What differed was the amount of forced overpriced (and I mean way over web priced) accessories.

For Torrance, I paid a $1000 deposit, in person, and there was about a 2 month wait and I had to buy about $2100 in accessories (locks, rear mudflaps, running boards). It took a couple of weeks to get my deposit back but once I called to find out what was taking so long, they FedExed it to me the next day.

For Cerritos, I paid a $1000 deposit, by phone, and there was no estimate for my wait. I was told that for a GG I could be waiting 6 months or more. $228 in required accessories for wheel locks, and flaps. Deposit was via credit card and the refund was the day after I requested it.

For Pasadena, I had to pay a $1500 deposit, in person, and I received it in less than 2 weeks. No accessories are required. If you do want them, they are priced the same as on the Acura website. Ask for Michelle. No pressure to buy stuff you don't want (also true for the Finance guy who does the paper work).

If you are handy, get all the accessories from Tim and install them yourself. See the Accessory forum for installation hints and tips. You save more than enough money to buy even more tools.
FYI, Craftsman torque wrenches do not have lifetime warranties so you don't have to buy the most expensive tools available (although the digital ratcheting model is nice).

As time goes on the ability to negotiate gets better but keep in mind that this is the best SUV for the money and there are still people willing to pay over MSRP with forced overpriced accessories.

I bought my previous Acura CL in 98 and paid below MSRP and had a $1000 manufacturer "loyalty" coupon (because I had an Integra at the time).

Until there is a true competitor for the MDX or if the market becomes saturated, it's up to you to decide how long you want to wait and how much you want to pay. I could have bought an MDX the day I visited/contacted each dealer but the ones that were available were not exactly what I wanted (hey, if I'm going to pay MSRP, it had better be exactly what I want) for the year, model, color, or accessories.

See the forum on the dealer ratings and start making phone calls. Since my local dealer had a 2 month wait and wanted $2K in overpriced accessories, there was plenty of incentive to find a better deal.

#6 ·
I don't think there ARE any "best" Acura dealers in Southern California. Just a few that are"less bad..." And yes, I readily admit that I've been spoiled and my perceptions tainted by Lexus dealers.

Soichiro Honda said:
Hi everyone,
To all of those who have done business with dealers in Southern California, which ones are the best and the worst? And which ones were the most negotiable?
Thanks a lot- John

#7 ·
Don't go near Sierra Acura at all. . .for more info, do a search on Sierra Acura.

I got mine at Cerritos, who was professional, but didn't pamper me like I would expect from Lexus or BMW.
Pasadena and 101 are others I would also recommend.

#13 ·
I arranged to trade in my existing car with them 2 weeks ago. When it came time to pick up the new MDX and drop off the car, they changed the trade in value to 1/2 of what was told to us two weeks before.

The reason they cited was it was now 2002 and the value of the car dropped by 50%. They also said the Kelly Blue Book was a certain figure and they LIED right to my face.

I will also be reporting VAN NUYS KEYES ACURA TO HONDA NORTH AMERICA. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS TWISTED DEALERSHIP......:mad: :mad: :mad:

#14 ·
dcmdxer said:
I arranged to trade in my existing car with them 2 weeks ago. When it came time to pick up the new MDX and drop off the car, they changed the trade in value to 1/2 of what was told to us two weeks before.

The reason they cited was it was now 2002 and the value of the car dropped by 50%. They also said the Kelly Blue Book was a certain figure and they LIED right to my face.

I will also be reporting VAN NUYS KEYES ACURA TO HONDA NORTH AMERICA. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS TWISTED DEALERSHIP......:mad: :mad: :mad:
Am sorry to hear that. Am willing to bet that they are going to sell your trade-in at a High end blue book.
Those crooks!!

#16 ·
dcmdxer said:
There is no way I was going to let them screw me on the trade in. I'm selling it on my own.

By the way, does anyone know how to communicate a complaint to Acura Corporate????
YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED-

Below is the information on how to voice your complaint and report Acura who mistreated you.

Your local dealer is the first stop for any questions or concerns about your U.S. Acura vehicle
For further assistance, feel free to contact Acura Client Services. You can get in touch with us several ways:

(Please note, we will be closed for the Holidays on December 24th and 25th, as well as December 31st and January 1, 2002.)

BY PHONE
Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238

BY FAX
(310) 783-3535

BY MAIL
Acura Client Services
Mail Stop 500-2N-7E
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

#17 ·
Unfortunately, it will do little more than perhaps make you feel better for having vented. Acura Corporate really does not care. I speak from experience on this. Remember that this is the same company that had its top executives indited for bribery not too long ago.

dcmdxer said:

By the way, does anyone know how to communicate a complaint to Acura Corporate????

#18 ·
mogur said:
Unfortunately, it will do little more than perhaps make you feel better for having vented. Acura Corporate really does not care. I speak from experience on this. Remember that this is the same company that had its top executives indited for bribery not too long ago.

ITs probably not even worth it to complain to Acura Corporate Services because you get more frustrated because they don't do anything. . . .

The board actually rallied together a few months ago around one dealer - Sierra Acura and got nowhere. . .
Here are the links:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2291&highlight=sierra+acura

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2258&highlight=sierra+acura

Makes for an amusing read.

#19 ·
Yes try Acura of Pasadena!

You can ask for Michelle, she helped me lots to get what I wanted, not what they want to sell.

I put deposit for 02 mdx and got it in 3 weeks (as I told her that I can't pay for it till Dec so it was 3 weeks)

Paid msrp, but that's the best around the 8 delaers I called. (besides the fact that some required 2000 of accessories,
and 3000 over the msrp..)

Good luck on getting your X.. I already have 1200 miles on mine within 2 weeks... heh

:D

#20 ·
I agree with other members that complaining to Acura is nothing but a waste of money. The best thing is to spread word about these slimy dealers on sites like these and avoid them for purchases and services. However, we should all be careful in making coments about these dealers. An extended rhetoric will not make things better.

#22 ·
We just bought a 2002 Touring/Nav [White] from Metro Acura, paid MSRP [no required accessories]. Contacted them on a Monday 12/24/2001, filled out paperwork on a Wednesday 12/26, MDX came in on Friday 12/28, picked it up on Saturday 12/29. They even threw in a "Christmas Teddy Bear" to boot!!

I have never paid MSRP for a vehicle in my life [up until now] but I must admit, if I were an Acura dealer, I would charge MSRP as well. Someday Honda will finish the new plant and supply will increase and market forces will take over. Until then, why should a dealer sell below?

#23 ·
srpbep,

I may have seen your MDX. I dropped off my Granite Green MDX that day over at Metro because it had an oil leak (after having picked it up 2 days earlier), and I noticed a White MDX over there.

They fixed the leak (rear master seal). The salesman I worked with was Tom, who has been very nice to us. I did have them put in some options even though I could have gotten them cheaper, but it wasnt that much more.

Hopefully my car wont leak any more. I did note some scratches on some of the plastic pieces around the engine. They said to bring it in and they will replace whatever Im not happy with, as they want to make sure I am happy.

Ira

#25 ·
Iceman,

I was originally going to get my MDX from Acura in Torrance. They are right next to the Acura headquarters and seem to have the most MDXs in stock. However, they wanted me to buy sidesteps for $1895, and wheel locks and rear mud guard for $395. When I said I didnt want the running boards, they were going to charge me the same price for the towing package.

I got the better deal at Metro Acura, with approximately the same delivery time. However, I had called around and called Metro right after a cancellation, so I didnt have to wait as long as I could have.

Other than the price they were charging, Torrance was very nice and gave me the best sales pitch and the longest test drive. They are a nice dealer. Its just too bad they wanted to charge so much more for the options.

#26 ·
Has anyone tried Thomas Acura?

Has anybody ever tried Thomas Acura in West Covina?
I've purchased mine on March 5th, 2001 and picked up on March
10th, 2001.
They will ask you what package and accessories you're looking for, they'll explain to you the differance between sport and touring package with or without navigational system.
Good luck in choosing the right dealer.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.