1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Yeah it is.. But any good socket and powerful impact wrench will do.
The Lisle Tool is beneficial when your Impact Wrench is not powerful enough.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Just buy a 19 mm socket from Home Depot. I used 4 times for the crankshaft bolt and haven’t broke yet. And the best part you can return if it breaks. It’s only around $3.50. Don’t waste your money on that one. You don’t need that super heavy duty unless you are using it everyday like a repair shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have a DeWalt DCF899 and a set of impact sockets from Harbor. Just want to buy some insurance to make sure the removal process is smooth I guess.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I had significant problems breaking the crankshaft bolt for my first TB replacement, and finally resorted to heating bolt head w/ propane torch before using IR Air Impact to break the bolt.

Recently I performed 2nd TB replacement and used Lisle socket. Bolt was immediately freed.

good luck

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just buy a 19 mm socket from Home Depot. I used 4 times for the crankshaft bolt and haven’t broke yet. And the best part you can return if it breaks. It’s only around $3.50. Don’t waste your money on that one. You don’t need that super heavy duty unless you are using it everyday like a repair shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the additional mass of the socket that breaks the bolt free, a regular 19mm won’t develop the same force. If you have a weaker/cheaper impact the large mass socket is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts