Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than OEM, which are probably like $700.00, which are the best commercially available front lower control arms for 1st generation MDX? What's your experience with replacements? I'm deciding between Moog and Beck, but am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I've had great luck with Moog parts on everything I've used 'em on (probably last 5-6 cars). They cost a little more, but do seem to be built better. That said, I did go with Beck Arnley lower control arms at 160,000 miles (just after buying it) and they were solid at 246,000 when I sold it. They set me back about $82 each at rockauto.

That said, I also used Beck Arnley tie rod ends, and they developed play after (IIRC) 40-50,000 miles (and those are easy Arizona and interstate miles).

·
Registered
818 Posts
+1 for Moog or Beck Arnley.

Reactions: 69OldsVista

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had great luck with Moog parts on everything I've used 'em on (probably last 5-6 cars). They cost a little more, but do seem to be built better. That said, I did go with Beck Arnley lower control arms at 160,000 miles (just after buying it) and they were solid at 246,000 when I sold it. They set me back about $82 each at rockauto.

That said, I also used Beck Arnley tie rod ends, and they developed play after (IIRC) 40-50,000 miles (and those are easy Arizona and interstate miles).

What type of symptoms were you getting when you decided to replace your lower control arms? Was it ball joint related or something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts