Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife and I are about to buy a CPO 2015 MDX. It looks like I have 3 options for a cargo mat. 1) The OEM mat from Acura. 2) WeatherTech. 3) Husky WeatherBeater.

Does anyone have experience with any or all of these liners?

I will never be using the 3rd row and will always have those seats folded down. I will have my dog and/or cargo in the back. I live
in Syracuse, NY so lots of snow and rain and a big wet dog.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,

Brian R.
Syracuse, NY

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have had the OEM on my 4 MDXs, and they work fine. I bought the Weathertech for my wife's Lexus es300h and they work fine as well. So I believe either will work. Weathertech will go higher around the sides, but will pull away from the side over time.

·
Registered
499 Posts
OEM is what I have...I don't have experience with the other two but I'm willing to bet the OEM offers the least real protection. It's not likely to contain any spills or moisture or really do anything meaningful in terms of protection. I'm certain the other two will offer much better winter dog protection.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I actually like a different type of rear-cargo coverage. The '13 MDX had a great deep carpeted pad they sold that worked well for me - things didn't slide across it like they do with a plastic mat, and it protected the underlying areas that had pathetic coverage. The '15 RDX I got the molded OEM cargo tray, and while it protected well, stuff slid all over the place, so I actually cut a piece of all-season mat from Home Depot and put it inside the cargo tray. When it came time to get something for my '17 MDX I debated about getting a Weather Tech or OEM tray, but since I don't carry stuff in the back that I worry about spilling, I opted for a Lloyds Ultimat cargo area cover (back and over folded 3rd row seats). Arrived yesterday and is fit perfectly to the contours, has a rubber back and deep carpet. Does the trick for me....

andy

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the OEM 3 fold cargo mat in my 2015 MDX and it has done a very good job protecting the cargo area while still allowing easy access to the under floor storage area in the rear and use of the 3rd row seat on the rare occasions I need it. It probably occurs but I haven't noticed my cargo sliding around much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who gave their feedback. I think I'll choose between WeatherTech and Husky. I don't think the OEM mat would provide the protection I need with a big wet/snowy dog in the back!
:)

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I have an 11 MDX; but, I use the 3D MAXpider Cargo tri-fold cargo mat, Amazon, $106, for 2015 MDX: https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-Stowable-Custom-Select/dp/B00SGGSHP0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1509131675&vehicle=2015-58-744-------------0&sr=1-1-fkmr0&ymm=2015:acura:mdx&keywords=2015+3D+MAXpider+Cargo+Custom+Fit+All-Weather+Floor+Mat+for+Select+Acura+MDX+Models

I had an OEM tri-fold cargo before; but, ended up spilling fuel additive on the mat and the smell never got out of it. The replacement 3D mat is much better for the exact same price as OEM. The 3D mat has a better design and it has non-slip grips on back side to stay in place with heavy loads. This thing will not slide 1mm if you have your pet on the mat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts