Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been doing some suspension maintenance on my wife's MDX that has 155k miles. I have replaced the struts (Monroe), front and rear end links (oem), rear sway bar bushings (oem), and both front drive shafts (oem). After doing all this the car drives much better but there is still some play in the steering, a clicking noise when accelerating and coming to a stop, and clunking noise. I know that the clicking noise is most likely the compliance bushings so I was going to replace those as well as the bushings for the front and rear control arms.

The question I have is what brand bushings have you all had luck with? Also, where can I even find the stand alone bushings for the compliance assembly? It looks like Honda only sells the whole assembly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry, you've just fallen into my zone....no aftermarket support. Buy Acura. I wanted Bilsteins or Konis...nope.

It's not a "honda" for the aftermarket, sadly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, you've just fallen into my zone....no aftermarket support. Buy Acura. I wanted Bilsteins or Konis...nope.

It's not a "honda" for the aftermarket, sadly.
Dang. So no aftermarket for either the compliance or control arm bushings or just for one of them?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi all, I have been doing some suspension maintenance on my wife's MDX that has 155k miles. I have replaced the struts (Monroe), front and rear end links (oem), rear sway bar bushings (oem), and both front drive shafts (oem). After doing all this the car drives much better but there is still some play in the steering, a clicking noise when accelerating and coming to a stop, and clunking noise. I know that the clicking noise is most likely the compliance bushings so I was going to replace those as well as the bushings for the front and rear control arms.

The question I have is what brand bushings have you all had luck with? Also, where can I even find the stand alone bushings for the compliance assembly? It looks like Honda only sells the whole assembly.
I haven't found the bushings by themselves either and I'm not looking forward to replacing the whole arm.

The clunking could be a bad ball joint, get that checked out ASAP before it fails!

Have you replaced the tie-rods? I've had some play and that's what the dealer suggested before the ADS shocks I have and the endlinks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't found the bushings by themselves either and I'm not looking forward to replacing the whole arm.

The clunking could be a bad ball joint, get that checked out ASAP before it fails!

Have you replaced the tie-rods? I've had some play and that's what the dealer suggested before the ADS shocks I have and the endlinks.
Can I just buy the ball joints or are are you also forced to buy some sort of assembly?
The rear also has ball joints right?

Really wanting to avoid taking this in to the dealership but if I end up doing that what would be a fair price for parts plus labor for front and rear compliance bushings, front and rear CV joints, front and rear ball joints? Are there any other bushings that I am missing? Thanks for the help.

The timing belt and water pump were done by the previous owner. Everything else if from when I took ownership.

107K miles
Timing belt (OEM)
Water pump (OEM)

12/26/2014
145K miles
Front Struts (Monroe)
Rear Shocks (Monroe)
Front Outer Tie Rod Ends (Moog)
Front End Links
Rear End Links
Rear Sway Bar Bushings (Moog)
Synthetic Oil Change

5/9/2015
150k miles
Cabin air filter
Ac freon recharge
Front and rear wiper inserts

7/25/2015
152k miles
Updated oil pressure switch (OEM)
Synthetic Oil Change
Transmission fluid flush
BG additives were also used
B12-029 Transmission software update

8/28/2015
153k miles
Front driver and passenger driveshafts (OEM)
Rear end links (OEM)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts