Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rec'd a call from a dealer last evening in Ohio who was willing to offer $1,500 below msrp on a touring w/nav :5: if I could take delivery right away and with what was on the lot. If he called me a month from now I would have been driving down to save the money. This isnt the only dealer offering below msrp. It starting to happen.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
jswift2000 said:
I rec'd a call from a dealer last evening in Ohio who was willing to offer $1,500 below msrp on a touring w/nav :5: if I could take delivery right away and with what was on the lot. If he called me a month from now I would have been driving down to save the money. This isnt the only dealer offering below msrp. It starting to happen.

Good luck everyone.
jswift2000, check out this prior thread...http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10042

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the deal

I emailed a bunch of dealers from CT to DE, OH, IL, VT, NH and everywhere else I thought was a reasonable drive for me. Not realizing that I sent an email to Columbia Acura in Ohio we rec'd a call from the dealer responding to my emails and after we played a game of phone tag he called the house last evening and asked us what price it would take to get us into an mdx. I almost fell over. Since my wife answered the phone she explained to the dealer that we would buy a car for $1,500 off msrp if the dealer could work with our time frame. The dealer said he would need to call us back and within 20 minutes the dealer called and said the deal is ours if we could take a car on the lot. Since are not financially ready just yet we asked him if we could order one and receive the same deal. He said no. It had to be on of the cars on the lot: black with saddle touring + nav or white with quartz touring + nav. We turned down the deal b/c of our time frame but if you want the deal go see this dealer. 2003 touring w/nav $1,500 under msrp.

I hope this helps. good luck to all and may god bless america.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Crown Acura in Greensboro,NC, sold to us below MSRP. I believe the final number was $1575 off and we paid a doc fee of around $200. They threw in a protection package, some oil changes and details. Great experience with this dealer, we worked with Don Dembinski.

KC

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dklkn,

Was a premium, touring, etc? How long did you have to wait and was it an order or one that had to be on the lot?

·
Registered
16 Posts
By coincidence, I talked to the Columbia Acura sales manager today. He has what I want on the lot but won't go below $1000. Would you mind telling me who you dealt with, please.

Thanks,

Clark

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know his name since my wife took the phone calls but I think it rob or raj. Even $1,000 off is a great deal. Please let me know how it goes with this dealer b/c if this dealer is offering the same deal I will fly out to OH to pick it up.

I wish you all the best of luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
jswift,

The scenario with buying from Crown Acura was like this. We called all over the southeast looking for a midnight blue touring (no nav/dvd). About the same time we read about the Baranco group buy and called down there. They gave us the deal of $1500 off plus doc fee and had a blue one coming in at the end of Jan. We put a deposit down. In the meantime, Crown called us, their buyer for the one they had just gotten in cancelled , so they beat Baranco's price just slightly and the doc fee was lower plus we preferred to buy closer to home. I also think it was towards the end of the month and the weather had been bad, so they needed a sale in order to keep up their ordering power w/ Acura. So that's how it went. I doubt they would have given us that price on an order. I hated backing out on Baranco, but they didn't seem to care a bit.

We also investigated buying from a broker up in Canada. His price was awesome, but we got nervous about the warranty situation.

kc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts