Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience using this thing:

For us with the Sport Running Boards we know the pain it is to have the stock lower paint to flake off and leave the bare metal exposed looking pretty badly. Acura solution is to replace the entire running board which is insane so you only have the option to paint it. Well the issue with painting it is that due to the location normal paint will not work.. The lower sport running board has a plastic material for paint so its gives it protection for flying rocks, etc. If you paint it with normal automotive paint it wont last very long (Been there, done that).

Well this Bed Armor is a god send.. Not only its pretty much the stock black paint color on the sport running board? it is texturized which makes it look awesome and covers the flaking parts pretty evenly without hot spots. Obviously I prepped the surface prior to painting so most of the flaking peeled off.

I´ve used this bed armor before for other projects and I can guarantee you this is the perfect paint for the lower side of the sport running boards, Stupid strong material and color matched. So if you have some flaking on your sport running boards or its simply chipped by rocks? this is the thing to get.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had 2 spots were the paint flaked off in mine since I bought the X, Seems that the seller painted over the spots but they started to flake after a year. So today I had enough of it and painted the entire thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2013 and when I drove it home I noticed that there are large paint flakes missing from the running boards.
The dealer said it's not covered under the factory warranty.
So, if i use this stuff, do I spray it over the existing plastic paint or do I remove the existing paint first?

Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can you show a picture of your “after”. Is it all black at that point. My sport boards are aluminum with black rubber traction diamonds. The protectant on the aluminum has come off in places & the aluminum has oxidized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.