Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted these photos in accessories, but thought someone might like to see them here. They are Mille Miglia Spider 17" rims on the stock tires.

This winter, Discount Tire promises to have a 17" studdable snow tire which I will then put on the stock rims, and just change them in my garage each spring and fall.

I live in Denver, and it will be nice to have that flexibility when the snow flies...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Really low key, very sharp.

They almost look "color matched" to your body color.

What type of finish is on the wheels? I really like the idea of something that isn't so shiny that you feel compelled to polish the rims daily...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mille Miglia rims

The rims aren't matched to the body color---I just chose them from lots of styles.
The finish appears to be almost a lacquer of some kind, not a powder coat or ground, polished finish...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
CJIMBO said:
Ahh.......should have got dubs! :28:
Not everyone likes the "dubbed chrome" look. I personally like the change, aggressive but classy looking.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
But also a bit wider which is nice, especially if you ever plan to keep the same diameter wheel but go to a lower profile tire. Like 255/60-17 for those who don't like the skinnier stock tires.
That size is like within a tenth or two of one percent of the stock 235 tire diameter. So the diffference to your speedometer, etc. should be negligible.
But the stock rim is to narrow for a 255.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts