Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first test drive in the MDX about 2 weeks ago and was amazed - it blew away all the others I had been considering including the ML 320

Been dealing with Stevens Creek Acura over the last week but they have not been too helpful.

Decided over the weekend that I wanted a GG with Touring & Nav - very difficult to locate, but I checked a number of Acura dealer websites around the US on Sunday and found about 4 or 5 GG - though it did not specify trim level.

Contacted Stevens Crrek Acura yesterday to see if they could search inventory for a GG with tour & nav - they said they would check, but that I would have to pay for shipping - fair enough.

They called back a couple of hours later to say that they had located one in the NorthWest, but that even dealer to dealer, the other dealer wanted 5K above MSRP for the GG because they were so hard to get - no way was I paying that.

I spent the afternoon phoning round West Coast acura dealers and managed to find 2 GG Tour/Nav vehicles - one in Seattle & one in Portland - both wanted 2K above MSRP (bit different to 5K above MSRP...)

Spent a few hours trying to decide - called up Portland as it was closer, only to find that the GG was already gone - called Seattle and took the vehicle at 2K above MSRP

Had a sleepless night last night concerned about paying the extra 2K, but now I'm real excited to be getting a GG.

I could have had it shipped from Seattle, but for a $234 flight I feel more comfortable taking delivery at the dealer and driving it back (never driven down from Seattle & really looking forward to it)

Have added the following options:

Sidesteps
GG Bodyside Mouldings
Wheel locks
Rear Mudguards

Still trying to decide on the STONgard protection

Yes I know they are pricey if I buy from the dealer, but I'd like to get everything at once.

Had a scare 30mins ok, the dealer phoned me to tell me that they had found a one inch long hairline scratch on the door - they have taken a photo for me & it will be properly dealt with (not touched-up) tomorrow

Felt bad, but then realized that at least they had let me know - with the bodyside mouldings on, some dealers probably wouldn't have let me know at all.

Just found the forum this afternoon and it's great - will let you know how it goes.

Mike

·
Registered
594 Posts
Congratulations and welcome

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!

You won't regret spending a little extra to get your MDX sooner, and the drive should be a nice way to become acquainted.

Best of luck, and be sure to post pictures of your trip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mike

Mike,

Congratulations on finding your MDX. You'll be glad you did.

I went through a similar exercise last week. No MDX's to be found in my area, finally found two on the lot in Chattanooga, which was 200 miles away. Picked it up at the dealer and enjoyed the ride home Saturday afternoon.

Good luck!

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrat!

It sure would be fun to drive on the smoky mountain high in East Tennessee, and MDX is snow ready!

·
Registered
67 Posts
RedMDX

Hey Memphis,

Yeah, this bad boy MDX will be great when we get some snow here in East Tennessee. While I don't plan on doing any serious off-roading, it will come in handy when crossing "Sam's Gap" between here and Asheville, NC. Often they only allow 4WD vehicles to come through there, and considering that is how I go to Atlanta, Charlotte, Greenville, Columbia, etc. I must have the capibility of 4WD.

That being said, the MDX is a really sweet SUV. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned and look forward to years of enjoyment.

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seattle

Wow, as much as I love our X, I dunno about 2K above msrp and going up north. But, I do understand passion! So congratulations, you are gonna enjoy it on your first long road trip down/up highway one, or up in the Sierras. I have owned several nice cars and the X is really an amazing vehicle!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats finding some. Couldn't get one here for quite awhile. Sometimes getting what ya want costs more. And yes, get the stoneGuard. I have the Clear Bra (Stone Guard) on my TL, & have had it on several vehicles, WELL WORTH IT! Great protection;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
2k over MSRP??? for a vehicle???

*shakes head*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts