Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks...just wondering if there is a diy on replacing the battery in a 3G mdx. My wife kept accessories on while she waited for me to run an errand in thre store...about 15 min and the car needed a jump. but its since been a couple years and i want to replace the battery since its our family cruiser. The searches I pull up are often for the remote battery but not the car battery. I see it looks like I need to remove some plastic paneling and maybe the air filter? Can someone point me to a write up, if any, please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just did DIY battery replacement on my 14 Tech.
1.You will want to take out the front plastic panel that covers the radiator.
2. You will have to pry two plastic clips out that hold the front of air intake.
Than take the intake itself out.
Do do not need to remove air filter.
3. Will need 10 mm socket head or wrench to loose terminal nuts on the battery.
That's it. Simple.
After you reboot your car's electronic system, it will require you to press and hold the radio power button to let your system run.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Just did DIY battery replacement on my 14 Tech.
1.You will want to take out the front plastic panel that covers the radiator.
2. You will have to pry two plastic clips out that hold the front of air intake.
Than take the intake itself out.
Do do not need to remove air filter.
3. Will need 10 mm socket head or wrench to loose terminal nuts on the battery.
That's it. Simple.
After you reboot your car's electronic system, it will require you to press and hold the radio power button to let your system run.
Good luck!
Don't they usually put power on the terminals so you don't lose your settings when you pull the battery?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Don't they usually put power on the terminals so you don't lose your settings when you pull the battery?
It's good practice. I did it when I changed my battery, but one of the alligator clips to my backup battery popped off. All I had to do after the swap was reset the tailgate by opening it manually, then do an open and close cycle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts