Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery and oil indicator still stay on after 20 seconds with the turn to II. And the CEL flashed 5 times and disappeared. How do I clear this. I used to have battery and low oil warnings a few time on the navigation screen previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I can’t speak for the others but the CEL flash is normal when a readiness parameter is not set. It will flash then turn off. W all readiness parameters set it will just turn off after a few sec in position II with no flashing

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If the engine isn't running then I would expect those lights to be accurate... The battery light indicates the battery is not charging (accurate if engine is not on, since alternator isn't being turned). The low oil pressure light is also accurate since the engine is off, therefore oil pump not being driven, and no oil pressure.

If the lights go out within a few seconds of the engine being started, then I'd say it's functioning as designed.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the engine isn't running then I would expect those lights to be accurate... The battery light indicates the battery is not charging (accurate if engine is not on, since alternator isn't being turned). The low oil pressure light is also accurate since the engine is off, therefore oil pump not being driven, and no oil pressure.

If the lights go out within a few seconds of the engine being started, then I'd say it's functioning as designed.

Sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts