Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery issue with 2007 Acura MDX

My 2007 Acura MDX with approx. 93,000 has been experiencing a strange battery issue...although the battery has been replaced with a top of the line battery, the car will die if not driven after a day or two. Something is draining the battery when it sits for more than a day, and our awesome auto shop can't seem to find the problem. The only thing I can't think of that might be draining the battery is the alarm system... has anyone experienced this issue? Any thoughts? Would like to keep the car for a couple of more years, but this problem is annoying! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sounds like you have a power drain like the dreaded bluetooth hands free module. It might be worth getting a battery charger with % reading to charge if you have to let the MDX sit for a while. You could charge to 100%, see how much the % drops after 8-10 hours, recharge again to 100%, disconnect the bluetooth module, and see if the % drops to the same rate over the same time period.

The only other times I've had a battery drain issue was:
- with my RDX and had a bad relay that drained my battery after +3 days.
- with my TSX and a Viper 5806v aftermarket alarm with remote start would drain the battery after 3-4 days if the car wasn't driven.

I also purchase a NOCO GB40 Genius Boost Plus as a back up to my jumper cables if my MDX died and there wasn't a vehicle to help me jump it.

Reactions: amyl

·
Registered
2 Posts
This one brings back troubleshooting memories. Fought this bug a few years ago on my '08 MDX for quite some time. Tried disconnecting Bluetooth module, different battery, no luck. I eventually hooked my digital multi-meter in line with the battery to watch the draw when car was off. Then start pulling fuses with someone watching the meter.

There's another thread on this on MDXers if you search: Battery Drain Issues 07 MDX

My problem ended up being the drivers side power seat motor. Was drawing about 600mA with car off. Pulled out fuse, and draw dropped to 30mA. Now I just leave the fuse out and put it in when I need to move the seat for anyone else. Only drawback is no memory seats, but better than a new motor $$$$.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
This one brings back troubleshooting memories. Fought this bug a few years ago on my '08 MDX for quite some time. Tried disconnecting Bluetooth module, different battery, no luck. I eventually hooked my digital multi-meter in line with the battery to watch the draw when car was off. Then start pulling fuses with someone watching the meter.

There's another thread on this on MDXers if you search: Battery Drain Issues 07 MDX

My problem ended up being the drivers side power seat motor. Was drawing about 600mA with car off. Pulled out fuse, and draw dropped to 30mA. Now I just leave the fuse out and put it in when I need to move the seat for anyone else. Only drawback is no memory seats, but better than a new motor $$$$.

Hope that helps.
oh, gosh. that is one sneaky parasitic drain. how much is the motor and is it possible to DIY?

·
Registered
338 Posts
HFL Module is one culprit

The A/C compressor relay is another.

I've had both go on my '09 in the last 8 months.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ditto.

Bluetooth module ate my battery, amazon best price I could find, took 5 minutes to replace.

AC went this past summer. It was the relay. I worked for the OE supplier at the time, omron, walked out to the line and grabbed a few for future replacements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts