Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have a 2008 MDX with 156,000 miles on the odometer. Had a intermittent issue where the battery drained 100% if the vehicle is not used for a few days. Took it to a local shop and $575.00 later a alternator was changed and a perfectly good battery (sold and tested by AAA) was replaced. However, the issue still remains. The shop is unable to identify the source of the leak, and the battery still dies if I don't use it for a few days.

Questions: What could be the issue ? Does anyone have a similar experience ? Any pointers ? Also, what should I do regarding the $575 already paid ? I was planning on asking for 1/2 back if he is not able to resolve the issue. Now, I am not so confident the alternator was the issue.

Thanks
Vanrags
ATL

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Maybe the HFL? Common issue in that year MDX.

That shop doesn’t sound competent. They should use an ammeter and trace the source of the draw.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
^ Agree..
HFL and Compressor Clutch Solenoid are common issues for the 2007-2009 MDX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All,

Have a 2008 MDX with 156,000 miles on the odometer. Had a intermittent issue where the battery drained 100% if the vehicle is not used for a few days. Took it to a local shop and $575.00 later a alternator was changed and a perfectly good battery (sold and tested by AAA) was replaced. However, the issue still remains. The shop is unable to identify the source of the leak, and the battery still dies if I don't use it for a few days.

Questions: What could be the issue ? Does anyone have a similar experience ? Any pointers ? Also, what should I do regarding the $575 already paid ? I was planning on asking for 1/2 back if he is not able to resolve the issue. Now, I am not so confident the alternator was the issue.

Thanks

Vanrags

ATL

The Bluetooth HFL is absolutely an issue. Can’t believe Acura hasn’t admitted and found a fix for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts