Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The battery dies too fast, 2-3 days the car is not running - the battery is dead. The battery may be bad, however I checked it yesterday in two stores like Advanced Auto Parts, their check said the battery is good but just requires to be charged.

So, the obvious suspicion is something drains the battery when the car is off. It may be something like bluetooth or anti-theft system. How to find it? Is there something known?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could be the HandsFreeLink and/or the A/C relay.

The HFL is located on the rear section of the center console. Open the center console and pry back the rear section, it will just pop off. The module is located inside, unplug it and see if the battery still dies.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Is this a factory battery? Most are junk now. My Accord battery died in 3 years. My next new car will have an immediate battery switchout to one of the brands made by Johnson Controls.

Anyway if it really is a good battery, then you should check the alternator before going any further.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am not a mechanic, but I can say the MDX and RDX batteries may pass the battery test.at the third party testers. Doesn't mean the battery is good...it means it just passed a test. If your battery is 3 years or older, replace it.. It's not worth the inconvenience of frustration. I had the same problem with both...tested good....but questionable. I have learned over the years....be ready to replace a 3 year old battery.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I am not a mechanic, but I can say the MDX and RDX batteries may pass the battery test.at the third party testers. Doesn't mean the battery is good...it means it just passed a test. If your battery is 3 years or older, replace it.. It's not worth the inconvenience of frustration. I had the same problem with both...tested good....but questionable. I have learned over the years....be ready to replace a 3 year old battery.
I got around 3 - 3 1/2 years from the OEM battery in my TSX and RDX. I almost got 4 years from my OEM battery in my MDX. Went with interstate and I get the full advertised life from these batteries compared to the crappy OEM batteries.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just for those that are interested....You can go to Advanced Auto website, place your battery order and use the code TRT41. You will save an instant $40.00 off the purchase price. They will also install when you go to pick it up. Plus, they will also connect the battery keep-alive unit, so you save all your settings, while changing battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts