Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
mdxHOY,

I have a acquaintence that wanted to purchase MDX and test drove one at Oakland Acura. She states she saw several on the lot. Give them a call but I have a feeling you are going to pay $2K above MSRP and the dealer rating (here on the board) wasn't too good. But if you are willing to pay $2K more and pick it up on the same day, Oakland Acura might be the only choice.

Mike

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
You may have more luck ...

... in another forum. Perhaps General Forums would be better for this type of thread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just found a touring model and it only took one week from starting my search. I drove to Sacramento to pick up mine from Niello Acura. Oakland Acura had one, but wanted about 4K over MSRP. Mike Harvey had some coming in--they also asked 4K over MSRP--but would have sold for MSRP with enough haggling. They didn't have the model I wanted available. Pleasanton Acura also had some, but also wanted about 2-4K over MSRP. Hopkins Acura was my first choice in dealers, since they are near my home and work and only charge MSRP. They told me that it would take until August to get one built for me. Last week they called and said they had one for immediate delivery that the original buyer didn't want.

Bottom line, is contact a bunch of dealers in the area and let them know what model and colors you want. There is a good chance you can get on in a few weeks if you are flexible about colors.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You made a good move Mike! Enjoy!
Right after I closed a deal with Acura of the Desert (SoCal) I got an email from Niello that they had a black MDX I could have that very day, or a Mesa Beige next week.
I had sent out several e-mails after deciding I did not want to wait at Hopkins anymore. But Hopkins is a good place, that treats you well, and also MSRP, but they get smaller allocations it would appear.
Oh, well I owed the wife a vacation so next Sat. we fly down to Ontario, the dealer will pick us up and we drive our GG back to San Jose.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
waiting time

It used to be 2 months, but now it seems they are becomming more available sooner. Try all the local dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oops sorry for the duplicate post. Didn't realize that I had already put my story in earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts