Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • 2018 Acura MDX, the backup camera remains on when the vehicle is in drive mode. It's very irritating and causes giddiness if it's on continuously while driving. Tried to switch off and off the vehicle more than a couple of times and it still didn't reset. Attaching video showing the same. Acura should find a fix before this starts creating a problem. Seems this is a known issue from 1st generation which Acura has failed to resolve even in it's 3rd generation vehicles.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
  • 2018 Acura MDX, the backup camera remains on when the vehicle is in drive mode. It's very irritating and causes giddiness if it's on continuously while driving. Tried to switch off and off the vehicle more than a couple of times and it still didn't reset. Attaching video showing the same. Acura should find a fix before this starts creating a problem. Seems this is a known issue from 1st generation which Acura has failed to resolve even in it's 3rd generation vehicles.
Based on this forum. This does not appear to be a wide spread issue. 6 years of owning 3rd gen. It may have happened twice to me. Never stayed on very long. What does the dealer say?

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine 2018 MDX got the same problem too for couple of times. Did you bring it back to your dealer to check it? It also hesitates to accelerating and suddenly jerk a little when I just got your foot on the gas pedal. Do you have the same problem too?

·
Registered
457 Posts
How fast are you going? There is a setting to continue to show this when you start driving after backing out up to a certain speed at which point it disappears

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going very fast, just revers and pull out slowly from the parking spot and drive between 15 - 20mph in the residential zone. Then I had to pull over to re-select P and D again until the map showed on the screen instead of the back up camera view.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi my 2018 MDX is doing the same thing. The only way to get out of it is to turn off the car, once started back up everything goes back to normal. and don't get me started about the Brake Hold feature not releasing in park.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 MDX Sport Hybrid does this too. The dealer said Acura is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. We should get a software update soon. No specific ETA was provided by the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2018 MDX Sport Hybrid does this too. The dealer said Acura is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. We should get a software update soon. No specific ETA was provided by the dealer.
I haven’t address this problem to the dealer yet, I will also tell them other problems when I bring my MDX in for oil change next time. I was wondering how many MDX owners have the same problem like mine, I experience hesitate accelerating and lurch forward when driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts