Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unless you have the navigation option, I don't think the factory camera or any other will display on the upper display screen. Without the navigation option, I think the the upper display is only a screen that shows mpg and climate controls, etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this is a really dumb question, I'm brand new to this car, how would I know if I have the navigation option? Would the display automatically show the camera image when I put the car in reverse?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not the best person to answer this, but I the navigation screen should show a GPS map. If the upper display screen just shows the temperature, a compass, and miles per gallon - you most likely do not have the navigation option. The navigation option upper display doubles as the video display for the factory backup camera. You can add an aftermarket radio and add a backup camera as many on this forum have done. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2006 MDX touring and installed a backup cam, but for that to be possible, I had to replace the CD player unit on the bottom, with an aftermarket head unit from Sony. Works like a charm though, and gives me navigation, android auto/apple car play plus anything else really, from hands free calling to all bluetooth capabilities, FM etc. Here is the thread that shows you how I did it. Cheers, Happy 4th!

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/73-fi...006/154290-2006-mdx-audio-cusotm-upgrade.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.