Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B123 Service on MDX 2016/Tech Model?

I am looking forward for the B123 Service on 2016 Model. I can do B12 but not sure about #3 on the 2016 Model.

Any instructions out there? is it easy to do like 14-15 model?
Currently @ 28K miles @ 60% oil life.

Thank you,:smile2:

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have a 2014 that just hit B123.

i've done the rotation, however i did not do the cabin and air filter (theyre still in the white to light gray color; if theyre dark gray to black i will replace them then). i did not do an oil change; will do that in the spring time (im going to do 6k miles to change), i havent done the transmission though. i an debating whether to do the flush since there's a TSB out for juddering at 10k-20k RPMs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i haven't contact dealer to get a quote on the #3 service yet. Anyone know around how much it will cost to do just the #3?
I guess around $100-$150.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2017 MDX with 51k miles
I’ve shopped around for the 3 service. Lowest price in Acura dealerships I’ve found is 400 (transmission and transfer fluid change).
I asked a Honda near me and they quoted me 280.
Honda guy told me the Powertrain warranty won’t be void since I used Genuine Honda parts.

So I am not sure if I should still go with honda or Acura?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have a 2017 MDX with 51k miles
I’ve shopped around for the 3 service. Lowest price in Acura dealerships I’ve found is 400 (transmission and transfer fluid change).
I asked a Honda near me and they quoted me 280.
Honda guy told me the Powertrain warranty won’t be void since I used Genuine Honda parts.

So I am not sure if I should still go with honda or Acura?
Didn’t I just read this exact same question 2 other times? There is really no need to post the same question 3 times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts