Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my dealer as service B123 light came on at 52500 miles.I was quoted $650 for the service and dealer is 22 miles away. Called local Honda dealer and they charged me $400 with discount coupon from their web sight. Only six miles from my house and car was done in 2 hours. Skipped the filters and tire rotation as tires are new and I can change filters myself. What a rip off from Acura!!!! My Acura MDX is a 2016 Advance with the 9 speed tranny.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do all my maintenance work on my 2014 mdx. I’ve read that the newer transmission is more challenging since it requires a few extra steps with software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
For the transmission, how about let the car cool down overnight and drain then put in the exact amount? This way we take the oil temperature out of the equation

·
Registered
9 Posts
Called my dealer as service B123 light came on at 52500 miles.I was quoted $650 for the service and dealer is 22 miles away. Called local Honda dealer and they charged me $400 with discount coupon from their web sight. Only six miles from my house and car was done in 2 hours. Skipped the filters and tire rotation as tires are new and I can change filters myself. What a rip off from Acura!!!! My Acura MDX is a 2016 Advance with the 9 speed tranny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I am experiencing a similar situation...
Hi all! I just want to ask your advice have a 2017 MDX with 51k miles. The B123 light just came on.

I’ve done the tire rotation 1 week ago and replaced air/cabin filter In May 2019

So all I really need is the transmission service which is the 3, B inspection and the oil and filter change.

I’ve shopped around for the 3 service with different dealerships. Lowest price in Acura dealerships I’ve found is 400 (transmission and transfer fluid change) before tax.
I asked a Honda near me and they quoted me 280 for both transmission and transfer fluid change.
Honda guy told me the Powertrain warranty won’t be void since I used Genuine Honda parts. Powertrain warranty is 71k.

So I am not sure if I should still go with honda or Acura? Is your car still running well after going through Honda?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts