Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took my car for service for b12 and they gave her quote of over $400. Is this normal or did i just get ripped off?
This is for mdx 2015 AWD.

I called the dealer to cancel the service but they said they are already working on it...

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Most charge around $300 but yeah even that is a rip. If you ever DIY anything, this is really just an oil change, rotation, and cabin filter change.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I pay around $26+half ass carwash for a B12 service; but, I do a lot of work myself and it take some time:
- purchase own Mobil 1 syn oil from Walmart for $22-$24 for the Acura tech (use their oil filters)
- free lifetime tire rotations/balance from Discount tires (most places have this when you are ready to purchase your 2nd set of tires)
- purchase cabin air from Walmart/Amazon for $16 (2-3 mins to replace)
- Clean K/N drop in filter every spring or just purchase your own dry filter for about $12-$20 (5 mins to replace)

Acura still does all the inspections required for the service. Spending $80+$150 out of pocket for an B12 Acura service for 3 Acura vehicles I own sounds a lot better than $1200 they would normally charge for three.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Other than the high prices (I never take any cars in to any dealer service depts other than for warranty work), are they any good? I'm still trying to work with the service manager there to get a delivery issue resolved. It's been 3 weeks. He says my photos have been submitted to Acura HQ (the door had some extra glob of paint stuck on it and it snapped off when the door first opened widely which ripped off a small slice of paint from the fender). But zero response when I emailed for a status.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
You may want to call ACR to start a case file for that so they can hustle the fix along. They will likely call the SM as a result and ask him why he's taking so long as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Other than the high prices (I never take any cars in to any dealer service depts other than for warranty work), are they any good? I'm still trying to work with the service manager there to get a delivery issue resolved. It's been 3 weeks. He says my photos have been submitted to Acura HQ (the door had some extra glob of paint stuck on it and it snapped off when the door first opened widely which ripped off a small slice of paint from the fender). But zero response when I emailed for a status.

As a follow-up to this episode - After 2 months of waiting, I contacted Acura Customer Relations. They pestered the service manager. I was at the dealer for an oil change anyway later that week, and talked to him in person. He claims that the district rep was holding things up, but will get right on it for me. Still nothing 2 weeks later. No replies to phone calls or emails for over 1-2 weeks. Then I get a phone call saying that he's still working on it, but sort of "forgot" about it. Acura CR called me to check on the case, so they said they would go after the service manager again.

So finally after about 3 months, the car is at the dealer getting a quick touch-up paint job. It looked good enough for the time being, but honestly I've been so busy with work and life lately and I haven't taken a good look at the repair.

While the car was at the dealer, I had them investigate a really bad creaking noise that happens when I accelerate from a stop or brake to a stop. It sounds like something misaligned somewhere. It took them 3 days to locate it - they had to use a stethoscope. They readjusted and lubed the part and now the car is almost Lexus quiet. Though for a few days after leaving the dealer, I'm now hearing a new metallic noise from the same area as if someone had inadvertently left his tools in there or something. But after leaving the car under the sun for a week parked at the airport, I can't recreate the noise anymore. Hopefully it stays that way.

Other than that, the car's been fabulous and working quite well for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts