1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Here you go buddy:

·
Registered
268 Posts
On a completely unrelated note I see your in psi... I’m in kpa! Is there a way to switch that? Or is psi only in the us and kpa in Canada?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Didn't you just purchased new tires a few week ago? You can probably skip the rotation/balance and just do the oil change and inspections (if you going to take to the dealership).

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
How have you owned a MDX for ~7 years and you don't know what a B1 service is??

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what it is but I am so annoying with this MID!! As for me this MID is useless. Thanks for posting the info guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I know what it is but I am so annoying with this MID!! As for me this MID is useless. Thanks for posting the info guys.
And why do you feel that way?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i would NEVER let my oil get down to 15% i wont let it go past 40% and at 40 its got over 4k on it jmo
That is wasteful.

I paid for an oil analysis (including TBN) on the "factory fill" when my MID reached 15% and the report looked quite good. The TBN was at 3.4 which indicates "plenty of active additive left so feel free to let the OLM get down to 5%" (that's a direct quote from the lab report). And keep in mind that this was the factory fill, and I suspect that the oil Honda/Acura uses -- although obviously adequate -- is nothing special. Using a quality oil should at least match if not beat these results. (I switched to Mobil 1 EP 0W20 at my first oil change).

Bottom line: The Honda/Acura MID is conservative. If you're using a quality oil and filter then I would NOT change before the MID indicates to do so.

Reactions: teknocrat

·
Registered
268 Posts
Agreed on the 5%. I usually let mine get down to 10% before talking to the shop at my school and getting a spot on the lift. And I put quality stuff in my car!

Btw 2011, couldn’t find the UNIT in the MID, unless it’s under the hfl tab I don’t think it’s there. Maybe the 2010^ had it and the others didn’t

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i would NEVER let my oil get down to 15% i wont let it go past 40% and at 40 its got over 4k on it jmo

This is my 2nd MID and I have not change the oil yet. I waiting for the 3 or 4 MID or at 10k miles to change oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Well... mystery solved, can't change the thing. Yes, car is Canadian, but I am from Canada! I've done everything in metric, including tool sizes, however tires were always simpler in psi. I'll get over I guess
Same problem here, I am so used to Metric since I have been living in México for years now and I cant simply get my head around Kpa and its worsened by the fact México uses PSI for tires (For example at around every gas station the Air supply unit comes equipped with a PSI gauge). So when I find a rare gas station that uses Kpa I get baffled and do not know how to proceed, So I now carry a PSI gauge in the glove box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts