Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ITS FINALLY HERE!

Just got a call from my dealer confirming that my X made it in. I'll be picking it up at 10:30 tomorrow AM.

For those of you still waiting this timetable may help. My X came off the assembly line on 12/2 and was shipped via rail on 12/4. It arrived here in the Twin Cities sometime yesterday (12/10) PM. It was dropped off by truck at my dealer last night. There prep'ing it, putting on the BSM, trailer package, and the 3M Clear Bra today. Tomorrow AM I will exchange a large check for our very own MDX.

Tomorrow PM I'll put on the side steps, tow bar mounting plates, wheel locks, gold trim, wire it for lights, shift knob, cargo net, and cargo cover and then head out of Dodge on Friday. I'll probably have all of 200 miles on it before we tow it 1800 miles to Las Vegas. Oh well, LV area should be a good place to break it in and a couple of nights on the road will give me time to absorb all the instructions.

Looking forward to our X and getting someplace a little warmer. Once we're on the road we have limited (we can only get 4800-9600 baud on the cell phone) access to the internet so I want to thank all the members of the forum who have exchanged thoughts and ideas, you all have been most helpful. Once in a while we get to a "land line" and I'll check back on the forum and see what's going on and share my thoughts on the X.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Congrats....

Hope to see some trip pictures with your all NEW mdx once you return from the trip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lance...who did you buy from in the Twin Cities area? I'm due to pick mine up from Bloomington Acura any day now but they know nothing about the Clear Bra product so I'm on my own to find an installer. I'd sure appreciate any ideas from you.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pmsmith66:

Got my X from Burkle Acura in Brooklyn Park. My salesman, Justin Magnuson, has a friend who does 3M Clear Bra, give him a call at 763.424.4545, I'm sure he'll be glad to help. Tell him I told you to call.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations Lance!!! As you may have heard through the dealer, I picked mine up last night!!! However, this morning I noticed (as several people have posted already), that my windshield was cracked!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't quite tell if there was a scratch, or an actual crack (or maybe just something on the windshield!). I brought it back this morning and showed the service guys, and sure enough, it was a crack! So, they are ordering me a new windshield and will replace it next week!! I am pretty crabby about the situation...You pay $40,000 for a new car and not 12 hours after ownership, there is a problem! I really hate to take the new windshield, but what are my options...I certainly don't want to wait for another car to come in!!
So, long story short, I did get a chance to see your new MDX...you actually drove right past me as you were pulling out! It looks great!! Hope you have better luck than I have already!
Good luck in Vegas!
Lisa

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very nice. It must be exciting, knowing that your X is here. I still have a week and a half before I take possession of mine. I'm jealous. Congratulations! :7:

2003 SS MDX (cdn model)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
It looks like I won't be the only one in LV towing an MDX behind a motor home. You'll enjoy your X. Just remember not to exceed 65 mph while towing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts