Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not bad, my biggest pet peeve is the new tires all seem to have ribs on the sidewall that are miserable to clean and dress for an ocd guy like me. Hard to tell from picture but looks like there is a ribbed section around the Michelin's too?

Post up when you get some miles on them and let us know how they are working out.

Currently we have Continental cross contact lx20's on our 08 MDX which sound like bad wheel bearings going down the highway half way through their tread life, they are loud. However, the trade off is they are wearing like concrete. Absolutely hate the sidewall design with ribs molded into the sidewall.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not bad, my biggest pet peeve is the new tires all seem to have ribs on the sidewall that are miserable to clean and dress for an ocd guy like me. Hard to tell from picture but looks like there is a ribbed section around the Michelin's too?

Post up when you get some miles on them and let us know how they are working out.

Currently we have Continental cross contact lx20's on our 08 MDX which sound like bad wheel bearings going down the highway half way through their tread life, they are loud. However, the trade off is they are wearing like concrete. Absolutely hate the sidewall design with ribs molded into the sidewall.
Not sure if this helps, but I picked these up a couple of years ago to dress tires. Super fast and helps get into tricky areas. I re-use them until they start to fall apart. Not sure if would help with your OCD-ness. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJCHTFW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this to dress them, stays on nicely over days/weeks. I suppose any liquid dressing would do:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FALW57K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.