Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 mdx tech and I was wonder if there's a census of how many city miles you all are getting before filling up. I've had my mdx for about a month and it just seems I'm filling up a lot more often than I was with my 2007 Honda Odyssey. I would imagine the larger tank in the odyssey may have something to do with it. Once I get to empty, around 25 miles range, I'll start messing distance moving forward. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You may be driving the MDX differently than the Odyssey since the MDX is sportier and that can reduce the mileage from what it'd otherwise get. I always drive mine in a sporty style and I'm sure the mileage suffers a bit as a result but I don't care - one of the reasons I bought the MDX was for its sporty handling for a vehicle of its type.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting about 18 in normal mode. Does the mpg reset after refill? I'll see if I get better mileage in comfort mode. I do enjoy how the car performs, but 18 miles per gallon is a little lower than I expected. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
661 Posts
You can reset it manually or automatically after refill via settings.
I would advise manually calculating. Fill completely up, look at # of miles driven, and do you own math.

I found that the MDX calculation is 15-20% (or more) "generous".

i.e. car says 24MPG but really we're getting 19.3MPG.

>> 2014 MDX FWD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts