Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

This may look like what many people have been waiting for, for converting Navi to take video. The original solution, the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 by Pioneer has been discontinued. I can only venture to guess that this MAY work.

http://www.yourdigitalhome.com/dss4u/aa9a62.html

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone tried this? especially since the Pioneer one is discontinued. Please let us know how does it perform.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to ask Ron from streeteffectz today to see what his thoughts are.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke with Ron and he told me that the piece won't work because RGB for computer monitors is different than RGB to the Navi screens.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You can find what your looking for on the CL forum. I remember reading something about it there. www.acura-cl.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am thinking about connecting a computer to my navi screen, would this solution work as an interface between the navi screen and the computer (composite connector)? would anyone venture a guess as to the quality of the signal?

thanks in advance,
aladdin

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aladdin said:
I am thinking about connecting a computer to my navi screen, would this solution work as an interface between the navi screen and the computer (composite connector)? would anyone venture a guess as to the quality of the signal?

thanks in advance,
aladdin
Do you plan to hall a desktop onto the car? Is the idea to use the computer as the player?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed a computer in my current car (grand cherokee) and i built a custom case for it that was only about 9x9x1 inches. i havent bought my mdx yet, but if the navi screen could be used i would want to instal the computer. now, i mainly use it to play my 15gig of mp3s. The noise in my current car is too loud but i want to try voice recognition in the mdx if i decide to get it.

aladdin

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
i like my impractical solution more, i also have wireless internet and navigation on my current set up, wont need that with the x though

-a

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aladdin said:
i like my impractical solution more, i also have wireless internet and navigation on my current set up, wont need that with the x though

-a
I still don't think the above is the solution you're looking for. The above adapter is to go into a computer style LCD panel and not the Navi screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts