Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd rather fly cross-country or have the vehicle proffesionally delivered rather than paying above MSRP w added options! It won't even get close to 3-4k going that way. Dont buy above MSRP or with forced options!!! No worse (or better) advertisement than word of mouth, i.e. BOYCOT Oakland Acura.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Guys!!

Something just crossed my mind after reading all your comments. What if someone was really playing a trick on John Bruno!! (i.e. using him as a tool to disgrace Oakland Acura). Did anyone call up the dealership to enquire if this is true? Why I felt like that was when I read the comment from "John Bruno's Boss" ... I mean who would register like that and also quote " You are Dead"!!

Anyways... whether the statements from John are true or not, I definitely would not like to pay 2K above MSRP!!

Regards,
Rusty

·
Registered
83 Posts
We should EMAIL this POST to ACURA CORPORATE! They will get very upset and reprimand that dealership! What a STUPID STUPID person! That bay area dealership is going to get into SO MUCH Trouble!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Good question !

Anyone know Acura's Corporate email address ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
quote:
<font size="2"><b>
Why I felt like that was when I read the comment from "John Bruno's Boss" ... I mean who would register like that and also quote " You are Dead"!!
</b></font>

Dear Mr.Rusty,
You are wrong.By the way why don't you try F.B.I?I see you have a natural talent for it!!!!

quote:
John Bruno
<font size="2"><b>
I agree with a lot of you folks one hundred percent as far as some of your comments are. But put yourself in my shoes for just one second.
The owner of my store (oakland Acura) wants a $2,000 markup on all MDX's. It's not a negotable thing. then he tells us that we have to accessorize each one that comes in.</b></font>

John Bruno I can't wait to see you in the office!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
ACURA SURVEYS

Well I just got my Customer Survey from Acura Corporate. Once you purchase a vehicle, they mail one out to you and ask questions about how you were treated, the service, etc. These surveys are VERY VERY IMPORTANT. All dealerships are required to have all EXCELLENT MARKS. If they don't, they take notes of it. If enough of them come back negative. The dealership gets reprimanded and even gets a lower allotment of vehicles. I suggest we all PRINT OUT what this dealer said and send to:

Acura Client Services
Mail Stop 500-2S-2A
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Fax: (310) 783-3535

The Corporate office is in Torrance.

I'm sure they will be happy to hear about this dealership and other SHADY dealerships.

·
Registered
43 Posts
John Bruno's boss said:
quote:
<font size="2"><b>
Why I felt like that was when I read the comment from "John Bruno's Boss" ... I mean who would register like that and also quote " You are Dead"!!
</b></font>

Dear Mr.Rusty,
You are wrong.By the way why don't you try F.B.I?I see you have a natural talent for it!!!!

Boy!! Ain't someone touchy!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this guy for real?

Has anyone from the Oakland area checked to see if this guy really posted this stuff? Could it possibly be a unhappy customer trying to get even with a dealership or salesman?

Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally someone thought like me!!

I wonder what John's Boss is going to say this time!!

<Gruff Voice> "All ya guys shuda been in FBI huh!!!

LOL :D:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
This thread is outta hand !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Look, this Bruno guy is for real. He was sincere in his first and orginal post. But it is his second post where his true colors came out, and that's the one that has everyone buzzing. If people want to persue this, it is their option. He was honest in his first post. Many managers in Ca are required to put together unwanted option packages, and it's up to the buyers to accept the price or not. But the tone of his second post got to me too. It is his third post, however, that will get him fired. You never-ever air your differences with management in a public forum. I learned that as a player, and later as a coach. Bruno, take my advice, let this thread burn itself out, and don't add anymore fuel to it. If you get some business from it, great. If it gets you fired, well, you did it to yourself. But I susspect that you truely don't see the reason why everyone is so upset with you, and that's the truely sad part to this story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For all of you out there who are in search of a MDX, let me introduce myself. My name is Kyle Ackerman and I'm the Sales Manager at Ray Laks Acura in Buffalo, NY
1. WE DON'T SELL THEM OVER STICKER
2. WE DON'T FORCE YOU TO TAKE AN OVERPRICED PACKAGE OF ACCESSORIES.
3. We have sold quite a few out of state with great results. (incl. San Fran, Detroit & Portland Ore)

Check out our Dealer Rating on this website and you'll find that my staff comes highly regarded. We pride ourselves on doing the right thing for the customer and you have my personal assurance that whether you live here in W.N.Y or on the West Coast, You'll be treated with respect and integrity always. You can contact me at [email protected] or 716.826.4200

Thank You for your consideration.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Available in LA

Hello all,

Here are the details,

For those living in Southern California, try Peyton Cramer Acura @ Torrance/LA. http://www.acuradealer.com/peyton-cramer.

The Salesman Mr. Josef Bobek handle my backlog order very responsable. The waiting line over here should not be too long, good luck.

Best Reg.

F2A

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
mdxxx said:
By the way Bruno, your quote about the bible, it pertains to 'SALVATION' and not 'PROFIT MARGIN' as you wrongly assume. Don't use the bible for your unrighteous deed.
Note member mdxxx, with only 2 posts.

Now we know why mdxxxx has 4 x's in his screen name.

Thank you Tim for linking this old gem.
(Tim provided a link to this old thread on the "Has mdx.org ran out of gas" thread)

I wonder if this dealer is still asking $2000 over MSRP with forced options?

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
BaldEagle said:
Note member mdxxx, with only 2 posts.

Now we know why mdxxxx has 4 x's in his screen name.

Thank you Tim for linking this old gem.
(Tim provided a link to this old thread on the "Has mdx.org ran out of gas" thread)

I wonder if this dealer is still asking $2000 over MSRP with forced options?
Yes, but to only those people who either don't want to play hardball, or those who don't know an employee, ect...:4:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
You gotta be kidding me. . . dealers like that have major cajones! Well, I know this sight doesn't have people stupid enough to pay $2K over. . . . and if you do. . .

:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
I remember talking to people on the phone back in these days that did pay $2K over. It's one of those issues that if you've got plenty of cash, having the vehicle sometimes means more to you than paying more for it. And that's how people like John Bruno made their living.

And, as John Bruno found out, "to the victor go the spoils" :headshake

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Thanks for bumping this one … Even though the salesman was nuts for posting the numbers he did way back when, if this dealership was charging those kinds of markups (Rohrman in Arlington Heights, IL. was pulling MSRP w/ $1500 in forced protection packages just 6 months ago), he was being honest. An idiot for defending the practice for sure but honest. I can’t believe that Bay Area dealership has any customers left today … I also can’t believe that people would pay over MSRP for anything if they could possibly help it given the Internet and the information we have before us today.

___Great thread by the way! Thanks again to all of you old timers for bringing it to us youngsters attention ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

21 - 40 of 65 Posts