Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My husband and I just bought our first mdx after several years of reliable service from our 04 TL. This mdx has both the tech and entertainment packages, so I assume it should have an aux input somewhere to play music from my phone... but I can't find it. No help from the manuals I have. Inside the center console is just an outlet, no aux input. Ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
The RES Package removed the 3.5mm Input in the glove box in favor of the 120v AC Inverter.
Only way to put your music on AUX is using the Composite RCA in the rear part of the center console you will need a cable like this:

And that´s it! Is a little cumbersome specially if you have kids on the rear that might brake or snap the plugs but is the ONLY Physical way to put music from your Mp3/Smarphone into your Radio.

There was a DIY in here or AcuraZine about hardwiring the 3.5mm input into the RCA Box, Might wanna search for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thank you! Now, since I'm not an electronics kinda girl, could you tell me what name I might search for that particular cable by? And I just plug this into the rear system and my phone then ta-da? Or will I need to work around it somehow?

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
You can find it as "Male RCA to Male 3.5mm" Online you cant miss it since both ends must be Males! just look for a Length that suits you, Personally I bought a 4ft long one.. Its plug and play basically just put your smartphone or mp3 at max volume and put the radio into "AUX" and Enjoy!

Note: If you find that the rear Speakers/Subwoofer are not playing anything is because the RES must be also put into AUX Mode which shares the same button as the DVD button in the RES Controls (In the roof/control) just click it twice and the screen will go black but you will hear the music. If you don´t need the screen at all just Turn it off from the Main Dashboard Button (RES POWER) and Sound will come through.

·
Registered
798 Posts
There was a DIY in here or AcuraZine about hardwiring the 3.5mm input into the RCA Box, Might wanna search for it.
I recently created a thread where I turned the input connection on the rca inputs 180 degrees and fed it directly into the glovebox.

If you have kids, I guarantee they are going to break it off at some point with their feet. At the very least, you should get 90 degree RCA to mini audio input cable. That way at least it minimizes the chances.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I think i have my aux input in the storage compartment between driver's and passenger's seat. I have 2008 tech entertainment sport version.
Kirill

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could also consider using a bluetooth adapter (search Amazon for bluetooth adaptor)
in conjunction with a female mini jack to RCA adaptor (similar to what Skirmich mentions except female mini jack end).

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi,
I think i have my aux input in the storage compartment between driver's and passenger's seat. I have 2008 tech entertainment sport version.
Kirill
In the 2008 tech version (no entertainment) the 3.5mm AUX jack is also in the storage compartment between the front seats. Look for the left bottom on the wall facing the back of the car (front side of storage box).

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the 2008 tech version (no entertainment) the 3.5mm AUX jack is also in the storage compartment between the front seats. Look for the left bottom on the wall facing the back of the car (front side of storage box).
I double-checked and I don't have AUX there, I have 110v outlet instead. I guess I confused it with one of the other vehicles I was test-driving before purchase.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Only the Entertainment Package has the 110V Outlet so no 3.5mm Plug.
He said TECH VERSION which does have the 3.5mm but no 110V Outlet in the Center Glove Box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks...this thread was helpful as my Bluetooth burnt out and I don’t want to spend $400 on replacing the module. I have been able to attach my iPhone and speak clearly with these cables attached. My only issue is there is a beeping that occurs while AUX is on and when cables are plugged into the port while I am not on a call. Any suggestions?

Btw...I have a 2009 MDX Tech

1 - 11 of 11 Posts