Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI..

JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE THIS WITH YOU GUYS..

SINCE I HATE THE AUTOMOBILE MAGZ.. AND I STILL BUY THIS ONE
JUST SO I CAN SHARE IT..

"Sport-utility Digest: We review every SUV on sale in America and introduce the hottest new arrivals"

in the "The lowdown" section of the compairing chart for MDX it reads

"Our 2002 mid-size SUV All-Star"

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.. I AM HAPPY FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER
HATING THE MAG FOR YEARS.

OH.. AND FOR LX470 "Gold-plated Land Cruiser tells them you've arrived."

FOR RX300 "The first New Age SUV — just don't point it off-road."

ML/AMG "Despite updates, still falls short for a Benz."

I GUESS THIS SHOULD STOP A LOT OF FIGHTING IN THE OTHER POSTS I SAW..

AGAIN.. FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH..

MINE MDX HAS SERVER ME VERY WELL, LOVE IT!

ALMOST 6000 MILES ON IT NOW.. IT'S LIKE 2000 MILE PER MONTH..

^____^

TYP

·
Registered
312 Posts
I recently saw a Consumer Reports Mag for Vans, Trucks and SUVs. Of course, the MDX was "recommended". So was the RX300 and Highlander. All the GM SUVs had black circles for reliability.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Consumer Reports

While sitting with my buddies over lunch a month or so ago, one of them pulled out the most recent Consumer Reports. They knew I was trying to decide about SUVs.

After reading it, I begin to question my possible selection of SUVs from the big three. Consumer Reports pretty well trashes them, especially my number one choice at that time, the Jeep Grand Cherokee. After reading their schathing comments about the Jeep, I read the Jeep GC message board on Edmunds.com and noticed a lot of unhappy Jeepers.

I salute Consumer Reports for calling them like they see them. It was that issue that I first considered the MDX.

Thanks Consumer Reports.

MIKEinTN

·
Registered
619 Posts
Automobile mag. is very inconsistent. They picked the BMW X5 as there mid size SUV last year. Only the green-eyed monster(Jean Jennings) protested and mentioned that she felt the MDX should have gotten the vote. If the X5 and the MDX haven't changed why did they award the All star award to the 'x this year?

As for CR, IMHO, there are the bible for reliability ratings. They buy every product they test(including cars), and they donot accept any ads in their mag. That's why i support them( i subscribe). basically, the reliability data they produce is based on questionare filled out by their subscribers. I realize their is an innate bias in such a method, but i can't think of a better method.

·
Registered
616 Posts
MDXLuvr said:
Automobile mag. is very inconsistent. They picked the BMW X5 as there mid size SUV last year. Only the green-eyed monster(Jean Jennings) protested and mentioned that she felt the MDX should have gotten the vote. If the X5 and the MDX haven't changed why did they award the All star award to the 'x this year?
The cars haven't changed, but Automobile's appreciation for the MDX has. I don't recall their exact wording to explain the change of heart, but it was along the lines of "after having lived with the X5 and MDX for a year, we are less receptive to the compromises of the X5 and more appreciative of the Utility that the MDX brings to Sport Utility".

I give Automobile high praise for speaking up about a previous years pick and admitting that they may have been wrong. Can you imagine ANY other car mag admitting a mistake on a "best pick" or COY (I am still waiting for Motor Trend to apologize for their pick of the 1982 Renault Alliance :) )

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like the review of the X5 after 1 year showing how much it cost them in repairs and just everyday use. I think it was in Automobile.I would like to see one on the MDX...

Looks alone should have determined the K-cars value...
Just like the AMC Pacer...:D

The best reviews and ratings are made by you the driver and of course others that have driven one too...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Speaking of AMC....did you every get the feeling that after they went out of business, all the design engineers went to work for Subaru??? :confused:

Just a thought...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
ghotie
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing