Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Is there a way for the navigation to automatically dim when the headlights turn on? There's a button on the console (lower left) where you can manually put the screen to night mode which leads me to believe that there isn't a way and it's all manual.

I've searched around other forums and have seen on other models that if you take the screen off max brightness it should auto dim...but this didn't work for me.

Please tell me there's a way. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
There is a sensor on the top of the dash that detects the ambient light intensity. The manual refers to it as the "sunlight sensor". If the sunlight sensor detects daylight, then the navigation will stay in "Day" mode, even if the headlights are turned on. However, if it's dark outside, the navigation should go into "Night" mode with the headlights on.

Make sure you've set an appropriate color scheme for the Night mode (either Blue or Black), via SETTINGS -> Navi Settings -> Map -> Color (Night).

Also, I recommend synchronizing the display brightness with the instrument cluster via SETTINGS -> System Settings -> Display -> Sync Display Brightness = ON.

Once you have the display brightness synchronized with the instrument cluster, adjust the brightness with the buttons located on the dash, behind the right side of the steering wheel. Make sure they are not on "Maximum". There are two independent adjustments that can be made -- one with the headlights off, and again with the headlights on. The vehicle will remember both settings and restore your choices as the headlights cycle on/off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.