Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone ... I just bought a 2005 MDX Touring and I'm having issues with the automatic door locks.

The fob is a lost cause, and I don't even bother trying to use it, but the driver's side lock switch works intermittently at best. It will open the tailgate/trunk 100% of the time, but the driver's side passenger door has to be locked/unlocked manually 100% of the time.

The passenger side doors work at about a 60/40 split percentage for locking and unlocking, and using the key on the driver's door does not lock anything except the door itself and the tailgate.

I'm not sure about Acura, but I'm used to being able to turn the key in the driver's door twice to the right to unlock all doors, and twice to the left to lock all doors. This isn't happening with this vehicle.

Any suggestions on what the problem is, and what the simplest (cheapest?) fix is?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
yea, these plastic door lock actuators stink...i'm having problems with the fobs as well as both front actuators

I'm not sure about Acura, but I'm used to being able to turn the key in the driver's door twice to the right to unlock all doors, and twice to the left to lock all doors. This isn't happening with this vehicle.
turn the key and HOLD until you hear the rest of the power locks actuate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, these plastic door lock actuators stink...i'm having problems with the fobs as well as both front actuators

turn the key and HOLD until you hear the rest of the power locks actuate
Thanks much for that tip about turning and holding the key! It works perfectly like that except for the driver's side passenger door. I'm guessing I'll need a new actuator for that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts