Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with the MDX auto locking system. Yesterday, I parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition, I put them in my purse which was on the passengers seat next to me. I then got out of the car and proceeded to get my kids out of the car. Once the door closed, the car automatically locked and locked my children inside the car. Fortunately we have a relative near by with a spare key who was able to help very quickly, this has happened once before and I had just assumed that I had erroneously hit the auto lock button, but now I am not so sure. I am planning on taking the car in to have it checked out but would be curious if anyone else has experienced this problem.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Where written?

Fireblade6 said:
actually this is not a problem but an anti-theft feature that the MDX has...you can reprogram it.
FireBlade6,

Can you please reference where this is documented? I am aware of the remote un-lock, auto-re-lock if no doors are open for 30 sec.s,
. . . but where did you find info that removing the key from the ignition, opening and then closing a door (all normal procedures in exiting a vehicle) should activate a locking signal from the computer?

I'm very much interested in finding out more. Thanks.

DontCallMeBruce

·
Registered
50 Posts
On my first car, I had an alarm system that automatically locked the door when you exited the car. Had my keys locked inside at a gas station twice and finally decided to have that function disabled.

Do you have an alarm installed? That could be it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
blackietaylor said:
Yesterday, I parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition, I put them in my purse which was on the passengers seat next to me. I then got out of the car and proceeded to get my kids out of the car. Once the door closed, the car automatically locked and locked my children inside the car.
I don't think that's part of any normal security feature of the MDX (or any car, for that matter). The only thing close would be that you accidentally pushed the alarm, but since the door was open, it would look after you close the door (after a few seconds delay). I don't know if this feature is in the MDX (my Passat has it). In any case, I'd have the dealer check it out..

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
blackietaylor said:
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with the MDX auto locking system. Yesterday, I parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition, I put them in my purse which was on the passengers seat next to me. I then got out of the car and proceeded to get my kids out of the car. Once the door closed, the car automatically locked and locked my children inside the car. Fortunately we have a relative near by with a spare key who was able to help very quickly, this has happened once before and I had just assumed that I had erroneously hit the auto lock button, but now I am not so sure. I am planning on taking the car in to have it checked out but would be curious if anyone else has experienced this problem.
I wasn't aware that this could happen. Check to see if someone might of hit the door lock by accident. I believe the door would not ever autolock like you mentioned. Try to make it happen again without your child inside of course. Just a check to see what happens.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not a clue what Fireblade is talking about, but this should definitely not be happening--take it in right away!

Rob

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I never have this problem before. I could park the car in the garage for days without need to unlock the door for the ride. The only time I notice the door will auto lock is when you use remote to unlock the door, but you didn't open the door after 30 seconds or a minute.

I will suggest you bring your car to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I thought I remembered this feature on my '01 MDX. My '03 Ford Expedition definately has it. Can be disabled if not desired. But, on the Expy, I can always let myself back in using the keypad on the door.

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
I've never heard of this feature either. But the owner's manuals aren't something I get to see. And there's nothing in the TQI sheet about it. There's the memory seats being keyed to the transmitters feature, but that's the only feature I know you can turn on or off.

Could be a bad multiplex unit.

Rob

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would try removing the key from the ignition and closing the door a several times and (HAVE KEYS IN YOU HAND) see if the problem continues. If it does, there is a problem with you locking system or you have a new feature that nobody else has.

If it doesn't something in you purse must have hit the lock button on the remote.

I never lock my X when it's parked in my garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts