Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our new to us 2012 with the advance option the low beams do not seamed to be aimed high enough. Is there a way to manually adjust them up or is this all part of the auto leveling? The cutoff just seems to low. Also curious if anyone has found a true white DRL that wont throw an error code or would a resistor needed inline? TIA

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
My 11 Adv HIDs were also aimed way too low compared to my RDX and TSX. I also replaced my HIDs because they were very dim compared to my other vehicles. I switched to D2S - OSRAM XENARC 66240 CBI 5000K HID Bulbs and other had very good luck with Morimoto XB35 5500K. You don't need to remove the MDX front bumper to change out the HIDs. My hands are large enough to palm a basketball and I was able to make the upgrade in the tight spot. I found it easier to remove the battery to give me a little more room on the driver's side.

Link if you want to upgrade the HIDs also: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-second-generation-mdx-2007-2013/98369-gen-2-hid-replacement-walkthrough.html

The HID auto leveling feature is a separate feature with a sensor in the rear of the Adv model MDX that adjusts the headlights down if you have a heavy load in the hatch and/or connected to the hitch (like a cargo box or trailer with heavy tongue weight).

There is a white plastic hex adjustment on the back of HID housing you can adjust the low beams up/down (don't know if this adjusts the high beams also). You should see a "U D" logo for "up or down" on top of either end of the radiator cover near the HIDs. The adjustment knob is about 6-8 inches straight down and I used a socket with extender to adjust (no wrench on the end). I just guess-i-mated the HID level on my garage door at night and set it to the same level as my RDX. It took a couple of test drives and fine tuning to get it just right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts