Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to adjust the head lights so they dont stay on so long after you shut the vehicle off? mine seem to stay on for longer than i like maybe 3 or 4 min
I looked in the manual and cant find anything

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, its can be done from Driver's settings under Lighting Setup, the options are 60, 30, 15 & 0 seconds. I am assuming your's is probably set to 60 seconds.

Check Page number 91 for details on Manual

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i checked and they were set for 15 seconds the lights were staying on for at least 3 minutes i put them to zero find out tonight

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have it for 0 seconds!.. They will shut off the moment you close the door which looks pretty neat.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
A timer is so early 2000s...
The IN is having the headlights shut off the instant you close the door (LIKE A BOSS)...

Reactions: Blinger Reefer

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
In fact delayed shut off sometimes help you to see dark places. Also the light does not have to turn on again if you forget something. It could be helpful to some drivers.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It would be nice if you had the option of the headlights staying on(on timer mode) until you hit the lock button.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I set my timer at 0 earlier and went out an hour ago, so like 9... walked to the car, open the door, BAM! Lights, lookin slick! Hop out after I get to where I’m goin, (meeting friends, what perfect timing!) and shot the door, and lights out.

When your 17 looks are all you care about these days! XD

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
hahahaha I am near 30 and I still think this is Awesome... This is how it should come from the factory and let the old timers use the delayed setting if they want.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Guess I am really old. Why does turning off lights right away improve driver's look? I am puzzled. Anybody can help?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Driver´s look? who knows?
The car though feels modern because of it..

When I bought the X I thought the Automatic Headlights will do exactly that but nope it had the standard "shut off after XX amount of time" like My TL-S does with no Automatic Headlights.

When I found what the 0s delay did I was impressed (Finally) although it has nothing to do with the Automatic Headlights but rather a feature Honda added (Ability to set the delay or no delay at all) for the automatic shut-off.. This is to save battery!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I leave mine on 60 second delay. It comes in handy when I visit my in-laws in the middle of nowhere with the only external lights are from the stars and moon. I think it is kinda cool to have the lights turn on at night when I walk up to the X.:31:

·
Registered
268 Posts
What Skirmich said, not drivers look, just makes the car look sleek and awesome. But I do wish if I unlock the car the lights would turn on, in case I'm in need of light, or maybe I can press the remote button an extra third time to get the lights, but I think I can live without it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
What Skirmich said, not drivers look, just makes the car look sleek and awesome. But I do wish if I unlock the car the lights would turn on, in case I'm in need of light, or maybe I can press the remote button an extra third time to get the lights, but I think I can live without it.
My lights turn on for the 60 second delay when I hit the unlock button on my 11 MDX. The lights turn off and the doors relock at the pre-set time if I don't open a door. Are the 07-09 MDXs HID delay set up different from the +10 MDXs?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Yeah ours do not turn On if you unlock it, only when you open the door.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts