Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling our 2003 MDX and bought a 2013 MDX a couple of weeks ago. Discovered the really stupid door locking function right away so I ordered a KP door lock module that arrived yesterday. The instructions that come with it are for general installation and not specific to the MDX. Does anyone on this forum have specific installation instructions? I have checked the internet and did not find any. Thanks in advance. Craig

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Assuming you're talking about the auto door-lock/unlock functions, it can be turned off by using the MID options. No need for a special module. Page 116 of owners manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to scroll the multi-information display and set the auto door locks to "off" so they do not auto lock anytime. Tested it on Sunday and it worked fine. However, this morning when my wife drove it to an appointment, it reverted back to auto locking the doors as it did before so you have to manually unlock them after you remove the key. The only thing that was different was she was using her key #1. I tried it with my key #2 and it was doing the same thing. Anyone know what is going on here??

·
Registered
336 Posts
My guess is that the setting is tied to the key. In my experience, with settings tied to the key it's not good enough to just be using the key. You have to unlock the car with the fob before it will switch to those key-specific settings. So every time I drive the wife's car, I unlock the doors with my fob even if the car is already unlocked. Then all my settings kick in. I haven't messed with the auto-lock settings so I don't know specifically about that setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts