Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2022 ASPEC and have been locked out of the car more than once. The car auto locks when I walk away, but occasionally it will not unlock when I touch the door handles or try to open the tail gate (usually when I have grocery bags and have to set it all down). Then I have to pull the fob from my pocket and push unlock. One time I had to push the button for a minute to get the doors to unlock. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S
225 Posts
One thing that I have noticed is that if I have my phone in the same pocket as my key fob or on the same side as my key fob, touching the door handle does nothing.

Somehow the radio signals from the phone are enough to interfere with the signals from the fob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2022 ASPEC and have been locked out of the car more than once. The car auto locks when I walk away, but occasionally it will not unlock when I touch the door handles or try to open the tail gate (usually when I have grocery bags and have to set it all down). Then I have to pull the fob from my pocket and push unlock. One time I had to push the button for a minute to get the doors to unlock. Anyone else have this problem?
Sounds like you have the walkaway lock setting active. This kind of behavior is why I don’t.

id probably deactivate it and then activate it again and see what happens.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Adv
76 Posts
Sounds like you have the walkaway lock setting active. This kind of behavior is why I don’t.

id probably deactivate it and then activate it again and see what happens.
Even without my cell phone in the same pocket with the fob, walkaway auto lock did not work consistently.
I turned it off and use either the fob or the door handle to lock my car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Hello,

How long have you had the vehicle? Have you ever replaced the fob battery? To me, it sounds like the fob battery may need replacing. While it's true keys, cellular phones, etc can impede with signal, the fact that you had to press the button for that long suggests it could be a low battery issue.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hello,

How long have you had the vehicle? Have you ever replaced the fob battery? To me, it sounds like the fob battery may need replacing. While it's true keys, cellular phones, etc can impede with signal, the fact that you had to press the button for that long suggests it could be a low battery issue.

Cheers
The car is a 2022. OP can’t have had it that long. I’d clear the pocket first. Then check the other key FOB. Then the battery, then the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The car is a 2022. OP can’t have had it that long. I’d clear the pocket first. Then check the other key FOB. Then the battery, then the dealer.
Hello,

It's out of his pocket when he presses to unlock...

...Then I have to pull the fob from my pocket and push unlock. One time I had to push the button for a minute to get the doors to unlock. ...
Even a 2022 is a year out? Some sources suggest batteries needing replacement 1-3 years (see here). A year may be on the lower end, but still plausible. I'm not suggesting it's definitely the battery. However, the OP did say he was having issues with pressing the button out of his pocket.

Cheers

·
Registered
2022 Mdx Tech
24 Posts
Hello,

It's out of his pocket when he presses to unlock...

Even a 2022 is a year out? Some sources suggest batteries needing replacement 1-3 years (see here). A year may be on the lower end, but still plausible. I'm not suggesting it's definitely the battery. However, the OP did say he was having issues with pressing the button out of his pocket.

Cheers
The car will tell you when the battery is weak in your FOB

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2022 ASPEC and I have not experienced any locking/unlocking issues. I use the walk-away lock all the time and it works perfectly. Inserting my hand in the door handle well always unlocks the door. Sometimes I pull on the handle before it is unlocked which may take a second or so.

·
Registered
2023 A-Spec / Had '06 Touring/Nav
381 Posts
I have a 2022 ASPEC and I have not experienced any locking/unlocking issues. I use the walk-away lock all the time and it works perfectly. Inserting my hand in the door handle well always unlocks the door. Sometimes I pull on the handle before it is unlocked which may take a second or so.
2023 A-Spec and ditto - no problems. I have the always had the auto lock feature on and, when I actually take the key out of the driver's door map pocket and walk away, it locks consistently. Also, it has always unlocked just by walking up. I have never once used the unlock button on the fob. That said, you do have to be pretty close to the vehicle especially for the rear gate to open.

For the OP, sounds like something is wrong maybe with the receiver installed on the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts